If i am not going to pass this year

CFAI better be ready, cause next year i will tear AM apart like i tore PM this time :slight_smile:

how? what would you do differently? i asked about ten people how they would change their study methods for the AM, and no one had a good answer. we all pretty much agreed that doing extra reading and questions would not prepare a person for that kind of exam.

CSK, wanna bet you pass? 25 bucks AMZN gift cert?

I think I’d have a better chance in the pole vault in Beiijing than increasing my Level III AM score!!!

I think you will pass.

I got killed by time issues… the exam was easy… in fact, there were more “tricks” in some PM questions than in morning.

I really hope you pass CSK… but I had the guy next to me said the same thing. He didn’t have enough time and was on Q3 1/2 way through the exam. When I asked how many questions he left, he said “enough” I defined that as more than 3… he said he will be there for next year.

I hope I pass. I’m getting married at year end, and I would hate to have this on my shoulders for next year.

Hang on though… remember that one minute in the morning corresponds to 1/4% of the exam. If you skipped one of the last problems - a 9 minute one. that’s about 2% of the exam. So if you skip those, but it’s because you gave good solid answers to the other stuff, you still did fairly well.

I can’t tell you guys how much of a relief it is to hear that you guys had trouble too. I walked out feeling that CFAI kicked my butt. None of the problems were all that hard, but just too challenging to do them quickly and think of all the tiny nuances.

I find it really suprising that many people point to time issues on the AM session. I mean at this point in the game how can I not know how to manage my time? I agree the volume and difficulty level in the AM session was way above what was possible to complete for most people and I left quite a few quesions unanswered. What I did not do was allow myself to get stuck on any question that I could not crack within a reasonable time. In fact, I found the questions that I knew well I spent very little time writing the answers and that gave me extra time to spend elsewhere… I also understand this year’s exam was consistent with last year. a buddy of mine who passed said he didn’t even try answering a number of questions. Just look at the essay section stats - there is a reason the average score there is around 50% or so says Stalla anyway. So if you spend 2.5 hours on the first 4 questions, then u gonna need a lot of luck … I think the institute does packs the exams with way too many AM questions intentionally for some extra pressure knowing all too well that it’s practically impossible to get to all of them. but I am under no illusion that I passed this one… probably a push… with a little luck, maybe… but won’t be surprised either way.

Me 2. My wedding ceremony is scheduled next April. I would be very mad that I have to do this all over again. pimp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hope I pass. I’m getting married at year end, > and I would hate to have this on my shoulders for > next year.

bluelily Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Me 2. My wedding ceremony is scheduled next > April. I would be very mad that I have to do this > all over again. > > > pimp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I hope I pass. I’m getting married at year > end, > > and I would hate to have this on my shoulders > for > > next year. i got married 2 weeks after L2 :slight_smile:

I will have a 2-month old at the start of the new year. Can’t imagine that I’ll have the same amount of prep time next year. I’ll be pretty bummed if this isn’t the last year.

I have been married for the past 3 months and I had to ask the wife to stay at her parents’ house. She comes here next week.

I remeber somone saying that they wished the could bring minutes over from the PM sesion. I could have definatley used that. Finished the PM in 1hour 40. Had finished 2 beers by the time 5pm rolled around. I did every question but didn’t go back and check the ones I wasn’t sure about cause I got so worked in the morning that I didn’t feel it was even worth bothering.