If I fail, the reason would be schweser

Does anyone else feel the same ??? I just went for schweser and I definitely feel now that I did a big mistake by not reading the CFAI text The morning session was good but got screwed in the afternoon session

Schweser = money-making scheme and y’all know it

I have to disagree, I only used Schweser and there was very little that wasn’t in their texts. Only a couple of questions really threw me off… I’m pretty confident that I either knew all of the other questions or at least should have known them based on what was in the texts. I think the problem is more that they love to test more obscure stuff that, while in there, may only be a few lines and thus we don’t concentrate as much on it.

I can confidently say now that if someone wants to fail every year he can continue to rely solely on schweser

Thats where the problem lies… schweser is not able to focus on the parts which CFAI tests…

i had both schweser and stalla passmaster and stalla had much better questions. schweser was much better for readings. i would say ideally READING: CFAI, supplement with Schweser QUESTIONS: CFAI, supplement with stalla passmaster

Qbank was a joke looking back now…

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Qbank was a joke looking back now… Agreed. I did f-in 4000 of those little sh!ts.

how do you propose to prepare for CFAI texts? Schweser has done good job in summarizing the major points, but our tendency is to focus too much on formulas than concepts. To that end, I have no cure.

I guess one should read the CFAI text books very patiently to get the concepts in your head… The questions today made it very clear that just focusing on formulas would not work. The concepts should be very very clear.

Well, CFAI does recommend to read the curriculum. If you don’t, and you fail, you got nobody to blame but yourself.

Schweser also says read the CFAI material… I cleared Level 1 relying solely on schweser so thought of doing the same for level 2… I guess level 2 is too tough to be cleared just by using schweser

Reading the curriculum and retaining it are 2 very different things. Comprehensive Schweser plus selected CFAI end-of chapter Qs and Mocks is still the best way to go in my book.

f2d Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well, CFAI does recommend to read the curriculum. > If you don’t, and you fail, you got nobody to > blame but yourself. Then, i owe CFAI a GREAT DEAL. I always though about picking up the thick volumes, but they made me drowsy.

Dont hate on my boy Schweser. That all I used, read it two times. Morning was shaky for me, but crushed the afternoon session, so feeling good right about now

I pretty much did all of Schweser and all of CFAI -> there’s a big difference on comprehension, especially on some of fluffy stuff like corporate governance and credit analysis. Of course, they had only one easy question for each for the test…

I believe there are around 3 questions Schweser didn’t cover, like PF model in detail but that’s about it, most of them are in Schweser anyway. thanks god another guy asked PF model question in AF before exam so I remember what’s it is about from CFAI

i dnt know if i passed or failed but i thought schweser was excellent. im saying that now before i get my results because i kno its true regardless if i passed or failed. there was not a single topic or term on that test which i hadnt seen in schweser.

the show NY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i dnt know if i passed or failed but i thought > schweser was excellent. im saying that now before > i get my results because i kno its true regardless > if i passed or failed. there was not a single > topic or term on that test which i hadnt seen in > schweser. +1 If you read Schweser and did the problems you should of passed no issues. And when I mean read, I mean you better understand the concepts precisely before you move on and not read blindly. Pass or fail, I am doing Schweser for all 3 levels.

i’m really glad that i took 6 hours to do all the corporate finance end of chapter questions 3 days before the exam