if i have to take exam again in jun-2011

any idea if i have to retake the exam in jun2011, will i have to take new set of course material/cfa curriculum books?

Yes because the LOS have changed.

thanks SeeEfAye will the change in LOS be drastic?if memory serves me right CFA dont supply books to repeating candidates…i might be wrong here… just feeding myself info for what looks inevitable…

if memory serves you right you won’t have to retake the exam…

couldnt have agreed more but then thats life!! any thoughts on the actual query though??

People study with old materials and pass. Personally, I think that as the LOS change, you should put a new set of study materials high on your list of things to do with money. I’m in the minority here (I think) but your old study materials will be like 90% useful and repeated in the next set so buy a set from a different company the second time around. That way you have two different explanations of something. Edit: Oh yes, and to help keep AF free, try to buy your study products from AF sponsors.

If you fail level I in june you will not get new books to retake it in december the same year - cause it would still be the same curriculum. So you only pay around 500$ to retake (not sure about the exact amount). If you fail in dec then you will need new books for june next year. You have to pay for them and you will have them delivered/e-mailed anyway. Someone was complaining about this in January, like:“why do I need to pay for the curriculum again?”. Well, to be able to take the exam, that’s why. So new CFAI books, and the bill, whether you like it or not. Btw, I would have failed in June if the exam were 3 weeks earlier, kept at it and passed, so keep up the work, or start it now, more than a month to go, you never know.

Andreea_Mn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Btw, I would have failed in June if the exam were > 3 weeks earlier, kept at it and passed, so keep up > the work Best thing I’ve read all morning. :wink: As for repeating the exam in June, I can’t see needing to ‘learn’ an entirely new set of material; the fundamentals will be the same, all that should be needed is a review of the new LOS, and new EOC problems.

Andreea_Mn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you fail level I in june you will not get new > books to retake it in december the same year - > cause it would still be the same curriculum. So > you only pay around 500$ to retake (not sure about > the exact amount). > No way. If fail in June, you only pay like $200 for the Dec exam. They won’t send you any books. A guy I know did it, and he was so happy the Dec retaker fee is really cheap (in comparison)

If you take it in the same calendar year you dont pay for the curriculum again. If you take it in a different calendar year you pay for the curriculum. I dont think you have a choice. If you are a retaker you dont pay the program enrollment fee no matter when you retake.

thanks for all the info and encouragement :slight_smile: guess one more initiative for all of us to really push ourselves to get over this in Dec…otherwise more money…

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Andreea_Mn Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > If you fail level I in june you will not get > new > > books to retake it in december the same year - > > cause it would still be the same curriculum. So > > you only pay around 500$ to retake (not sure > about > > the exact amount). > > > > No way. If fail in June, you only pay like 200 \> for the Dec exam. They won't send you any books. A \> guy I know did it, and he was so happy the Dec \> retaker fee is really cheap (in comparison) All I said was that no, they do not send you any books, and that I was not sure about the amount you pay to retake in dec. I just asked a friend of mine, he said he paid around 450, but that’s not the point. Below 500$ anyway :slight_smile:

This stuff is all on the CFAI site, btw. Jeez…