If I was a band 10 last year...

…how many correct questions, approx., was I away from clearing L2? Trying to get something to think till tomorrow!

1-3 probs

IMHO, Band 10 fail is an equivalent of day light murder angry

Sure? What if a person is at the lowest end of band 10?

120 questions in L2 * 70% estimated MPS / 10 bands - 8.4 questions per band. Just a guess.

My belief is that that 70% is not the absolute number of questions, it’s all relative. Schweser gives you the impression that if you score 70%+ then you pass, which may be true, but I think it’s also possible to pass even while scoring lower. MPS is not fixed and CFAI lifts or lowers it to maintain their pass rates.

+1

Plus you have to assume that band 1 does not start at 0%.

all you band 10ers, what was ur average score in mock/sample exams?

Are you trying to correlate band 10 ranking vs mock exam score? Hmmm, interesting!

yea that would be the best indication in my eyes

Last year when i scored band 10…I was scoring between 55 and 62%. I can hear you say…well deserved band 10! "…Infact I predicted to myself that I would be either band9/10 or a pass…but what was shocking was

that as per the matrix I had scored really low in all subjects…and yet I was a band 10…

This year I was scoring between 65 and 70%…so let us see…I did ok on the exam…my prediction again is…band 8/9/10/pass/slightly better pass…including slightly better pass and 8/9 due to tricky nature of qs this year.

So basically you either just failed or passed :confused:

This resource from ‘300 Hours’ might help you with your calculation…

http://www.300hours.com/1/post/2012/11/your-cheat-sheets-to-the-2012-cfa-results-analysis.html#.UP78yR0zy3M

Cheers