If you could work directly for one analyst/trader/banker/pm, who would it be?

And reset your age to 20…

• J. Livermore circa 1920 - G. Soros circa 1970 - B. Gross circa 1980 - R. Dennis circa 1990

^apology, was thinking ever, not today.

Ever is good too…I’d say James Simmons…

…or Henry Paulson…

Michael Milken. He’d definitely be interesting to work for, to say the least, although probably not the best guy to have as a reference on your resume… James Simons would be great from a financial perspective, but I’m much more attracted to a loud, noisy floor as opposed to a (i’m guessing) quiet quant floor.

druckenmiller

Simons of the Simons-Chern theory in Physics, PhD in Mathematics, Professor of Mathematics at Stony-Brooks, King of QUANTS, you want to work for him “from a financial perspective” ? FIAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Michael Milken. He’d definitely be interesting to > work for, to say the least, although probably not > the best guy to have as a reference on your > resume… > > James Simons would be great from a financial > perspective, but I’m much more attracted to a > loud, noisy floor as opposed to a (i’m guessing) > quiet quant floor.

As a fundamental guy, I have to say Eddie Lampert. It’s a cop out to say Buffett, and guys like Simons or Boone Pickens aren’t my style. Bruce Covner would be interesting as well. Don’t know much about Tom Steyer but Farallon always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

stylemog Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > druckenmiller The famed former VT QB from the 1995 Sugar Bowl?

Lenny Dykstra

Jock Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Simons of the Simons-Chern theory in Physics, PhD > in Mathematics, Professor of Mathematics at > Stony-Brooks, King of QUANTS, you want to work for > him “from a financial perspective” ? > I consider my wallet and bank account to be part of my finances…

maybe Mark McGoldrick at Goldman GSSG, or whatever he does next. This is the guy who made $70MM last year at GS and quit because he was underpaid.

T Boone Pickens has a lousy temper. Buffet seems like a really great guy.

John Arnold - 2001 - present

And what are you going to do when Arnold isn’t on the right side of a lucky guess?

guess? please. He was an all star at Enron too. Remember he did not ask to be pulled into Natural Gas.

kkent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > stylemog Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > druckenmiller > > > The famed former VT QB from the 1995 Sugar Bowl? lol… stanley druckenmiller founder of duquesne… the brains behind short gbp trade @ quantum.

Please yourself. Everything you just said could be said about Brian Hunter up until he blew up. Just so happens Arnold was on the other side. Repeat after me: “Levered Beta”.