If you fail will you retake?

Results are out tomorrow. I thought it would be interesting to see if people will retake the test if they failed. If you will great, If you won’t why not?

Depends on the Band. I’m a re-taker too so the bar is higher. Band 6 last year. Band <7 = Nope - if you can’t do better than Band 7 after 2 straight years, it’s not for you. Band 8 = Not sure Band 9-10 = Probably :frowning:

i will take it one more time

I believe don’t start if you’re gonna quit…

I am going all the way no matter how long it takes.

I will

Guys, Do not give up - if you want it. It’s not the be all and end all but this is not the hardest thing you will ever do. If you have got this far you are all capable of passing - band 1 or band 10. It will happen. Good luck and try to remember “If” by Kipling, whether you pass or fail. After what has happened in Norway this past few days, our worries are luxury ones.

no way in hell i will take this beast of an exam again…this was my first time and if i flunk it will be my last time for sure… its just not worth the 400+ hours or whatever it requires…bcos even after that much time, effort and money there is absolutely no guarantee of passing…thats the major deterrent for me…folks who are writing L2 for the 3rd and 4th time are just as clueless about their performance as the first-timers… i’d much rather use the hours for networking or getting an internship if i want to make a switch or something of the sort…

This was my second attempt. I feel like I ought to have passed and I’ll be really disappointed if I didn’t. That said, yeah, I’ll be back in June if I failed.

^ sums it up for me. Although this may be a biased thought - there is more to gain from re-taking the exam than just passing the exam. You can prove to yourself that you have real character and you will likely end up with a much better grasp of the material than a lot of the lucky ones that passed first go. Just something to keep in mind.

Millview are u from Oslo ?

No, I won’t retake. May be go to take FRM exam. Poor!!

never quit

I have given myself a timeframe of 6 years for becoming CFA. I beleive L2 will take most of it. Gud dat i cleared L1 in first attempt. Also L2 is no gr8 exam, i felt ok even after nt studying dat much. So i gues wid 1 year in hand, i am gonna retake it.

I just PRAY that I pass…I don’t even want to think about retaking the exam right now…

yes

Definitely taking giving up :slight_smile: … I just hope i dont fail band 10 because its disappointing…

I’ll sit next year again if I don’t make it. I knew I wasnt prepared in some areas as well as I should have been. So if I pass then great, if not then I’ll wait till November and hit the books again and give it my all. If you want it bad enough, you’ll get it, but i agree it’s not the be all and end all of everything.

Corporate ruined me :(! i hate it, i didnt focus on a specific area because there are just no ex in EOC and schweser mocks and BOOM i found it on the exam :confused: … its killing me.

its just 6 qns…chill man…should hardly matter in the overall scheme of things