If you pass, how will it impact your life...

… lets hear you on this. For me, professionaly it will not make any immediate impact. Value addition marginal in short run, hopefully some in medium term. Personally, i am looking so much forward to it… will flaunt it to those who said I will never be able to ride a bicycle, then will never be able to pass primary school and the high school… this is very critical for my social status. How does it work with opposite gender? Does it make us more attractive?

well if i pass then i move on and take up bigger challenges ( in terms of challenging jobs, higher certifications ) well how does it make you more attractive there are many ppl who have taken harder tests and work in more difficult situations … scientists working at NASA etc etc… so the talk of CFA making you sexier is something i cant understand maybe ppl out here will throw some light on it

no impact on personal life. a small impact on professional life like probably rising higher up in a realtively shorter time within the industry i work

JarJarBinks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no impact on personal life. > a small impact on professional life like probably > rising higher up in a realtively shorter time > within the industry i work then why did you take on CFA if it has no/small impact on either your personal or professional life … for me it would be huge boast to my career as a stepping stone to work in bigger firms

when i started it, there was a foreseen tangible impact… now i am not sure… plus i am not a very ambitious man. i take things when they happen. if i pass and if that has a substantial impact on my current life i will post back here. for now however i dont even know if i would pass, forget abt the impact

I guess if you pass the CFA, chances are you become very sexy indeed. You will have achieved something and this will obviously be good for your self-esteem and confidence is everything. I guess financial behaviour has got to me now…

OMG. The world is doomed!!! JarJar you are the only normal one.

clipper Wrote: Does it make us more > attractive? I guess if you pass the CFA, chances are you become very sexy indeed. You will have achieved something and this will obviously be good for your self-esteem and confidence is everything. I guess financial behaviour has got to me now…

significant impact since I won’t have to waste time on evenings and weekends studying for exams during the months of April and May. Furthermore, I won’t have to consume all important annual leave and will instead be able to holiday more.

Personally: Big impact, more free time to do things I enjoy (video games, being lazy) Professionally: Nothing big in the short-run.

register CAIA for 2009

Beofr eit was that I can maybe apply for post/grad i.e focus on gmat, finally spend more time with GF , friends, family etc. But just about a week and a half ago, a recruiter phoned me in reference to a job that I was interviewing for about 3 months ago, but intrview stopped due to structural changes at the firm, but he said “Hey listen, they are thinking of bringing you in for that interview which was cancelled last time, ummmmmm give me a call on the 19th and we’ll discuss” I said " 19th, oh my L3 marks come out that day" He said “exactly” sooooooooooooooooooooo, ya I better pass

sounds like the recruiter is playing you. trying to bait you to stick around. btw, i HATE recruiters.

i know, it’s happenned before, but I really do want the job so i have to play by their game.

IH8FSA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i know, it’s happenned before, but I really do > want the job so i have to play by their game. That’s pretty dumb that their interest would be contingent on your passing a mostly arbitrary exam. If they really wanted you, it wouldn’t matter whether you passed or not. You will eventually pass–if not this year, then likely next. This sounds like kind of a dodgy company. Good luck on your results.

It will impact my personal life more than my professional life, at least in the short term. My wife will kill me if I have to do this again. I may kill myself if I have to do this again. I will be able to get on with my life and enjoy the spring. Haven’t been able to do that in quite some time. There is always that guilty feeling of “You should be studying” My boss will say “Good job” I may get a meager $1K bonus I may get a promotion and a small raise but nothing to write home about. The money is really secondary at this point. I just want it to be over. It will help me move higher in the company but that is a few years away at least.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IH8FSA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i know, it’s happenned before, but I really do > > want the job so i have to play by their game. > > That’s pretty dumb that their interest would be > contingent on your passing a mostly arbitrary > exam. If they really wanted you, it wouldn’t > matter whether you passed or not. You will > eventually pass–if not this year, then likely > next. This sounds like kind of a dodgy company. > > Good luck on your results. Failing at anything can send a negative signal about you. Passing is no big deal since eventually everybody will pass.

I will pee less than I do these days. Other than that US market and economy has made us all indifferent between the word PASS and a FAIL

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I will pee less than I do these days. Other than > that US market and economy has made us all > indifferent between the word PASS and a FAIL I already got a FAIL from my real world, steepest descent “efficient” portfolio. I can only do better on the CFAI fantasy land exam :slight_smile: