If you pass level 3 but don't have approved work experience what do you call yourself?

For example, if you wanted to post on the linkedin profile, what would you put? Your not registered to sit for any exams as you’ve passed all of them, but you also don’t want to misrepresent yourself as a full charterholder. Would you put something like “passed all 3 CFA exams”? This is what it says on the CFA website: http://www.cfainstitute.org/utility/social/pages/linkedin_status.aspx?WPID=My_Messages&PageName=Dashboard&intCamp=linkedin_status In the Certification Name field, enter your status: Charterholders: If you have met the membership requirements as defined in the CFA Institute Articles and Bylaws (PDF), including completion of the CFA Program and required years of acceptable work experience, enter “Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).” Candidates: If you are a candidate in the CFA Program, you may make reference to this, but you must not imply that you have any type of partial designation. You are considered a candidate in the CFA Program if your enrollment in the CFA Program has been accepted by CFA Institute, and you are registered to sit for a specified exam, or you have completed a specific exam but have not yet received your results. Indicate your status as a candidate based on the exam level you are next scheduled to take: 2011 Level I Candidate in the CFA Program, 2011 Level II Candidate in the CFA Program, 2011 Level III Candidate in the CFA Program.*

I took the statement in Book 1 and modified it.

Passed L3 in 2011. when I login to my CFA my status reads. Status: Registered for the 2011 Level III Exam CFA charter pending. I am not sure if we can use “CFA charter pending” on Linkedin. BTW, if you dont have any plans to apply for membership, does the exam results ever expire( like GMAT scores). –

In resumes in the past, I’ve seen people use the phrase “Passed all three exams and will be awarded a charter upon completion of work experience” or something like that.

could you write “successfully completed the cfa program”?

lowonmemory Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Passed L3 in 2011. > when I login to my CFA my status reads. > > Status: Registered for the 2011 Level III Exam CFA > charter pending. > > I am not sure if we can use “CFA charter pending” > on Linkedin. > > BTW, if you dont have any plans to apply for > membership, does the exam results ever expire( > like GMAT scores). > > – Why not? It’s an approved phrase according to the Ethics book.

I don´t know what to put on linkedin

RoastBeef Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In resumes in the past, I’ve seen people use the > phrase “Passed all three exams and will be awarded > a charter upon completion of work experience” or > something like that. +1 On LinkedIn: “Passed all three exams and will be awarded a charter upon completion of work experience” “Passed all three exams and will be awarded a charter upon approval of work experience”

I emailed CFAI regarding the Charter Pending and the answer is definitely not! Response: "Thank you for your question. You may not refer to yourself as “Charter Pending”. This is simply an internal description of your status for use by CFA Institute. You may state on LinkedIn and your resume: “Passed all three levels of the CFA Program and may be eligible for the charter upon completion of the required work experience.”

Thanks everyone. I wish they had something posted as I’m sure there are a few people who are in the same boat

CFASAHM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I emailed CFAI regarding the Charter Pending and > the answer is definitely not! > > Response: > > "Thank you for your question. You may not refer to > yourself as “Charter Pending”. This is simply an > internal description of your status for use by CFA > Institute. > > You may state on LinkedIn and your resume: > “Passed all three levels of the CFA Program and > may be eligible for the charter upon completion of > the required work experience.” This does not answer the question about those that have passed all three levels and 4 years working experience have been approved. Based on the first point noted by OP: Charterholders: If you have met the membership requirements as defined in the CFA Institute Articles and Bylaws (PDF), including completion of the CFA Program and required years of acceptable work experience, enter “Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).” We have not been mailed the charter and we have met all the requirements (passed all exams, 4 years of work experience approved and paid membership fees). What do we say?

Can you put: Passed all three levels and have work experience approved but too cheap to pay for annual membership