If you pass, what other designation are you planning to work toward?

MSFA? Masters in financial analysis that is affiliate with CFA institute

I mean honestly, how the f**k did you contrive MSFA from “Masters in Financial Analysis”?

Then I looked at how you spelled “devastated” in your Username…

#CarryOn

umm…maybe his first or last name is Davis and he was combining the 2 words. You’ve been a real angry person/troll as of late on here buddy. Attacking typos, geez man. #whocares #didntYouAlreadyPass? #whyAreYouStillHere? #chillaxbro

#RelaxLilCubbie

#StopTryingToCoverYourTracks

Its not working.

Likely Finance, but could move toward Economic Analysis and Policy

Your comebacks? Agreed.

#FTFY #again

I am a CPA. No more study for exam purpose in my life.

Ok, “a CPA” …addressing some designations can be quite short…

CIMA or Master Degree. ~~

“umm…maybe his first or last name is Davis and he was combining the 2 words. You’ve been a real angry person/troll as of late on here buddy. Attacking typos, geez man. #whocares #didntYouAlreadyPass? #whyAreYouStillHere? #chillaxbro

He was clearly being sarcastic, the joke flew over your head. Hashtag is a very good contributor on this forum; he provided invaluable advice to those seeking it during crunch time for the level 3 exam, including myself. And if poking fun at other members every now and then keeps him here then I’m all for it.

My point is the guy is obsessed over grammar. Its a forum with the quality of grammar similar to texting my friends. He adds value, but is very trollish at times. I am skeptical of some feedback we get from the “older” level III test takers that passed years ago, other than instructors such as s2000magician who most likely re-read old and new content added each year. s2000 is always professional, hashtag not so much which clearly comes through in his compulsive belief that hastag’s are “cool”. Its so dumb, so if you want to ridicule over “its” then check yourself and stop writing like my 12 year old niece using hashtags.

Now, where are my grammar errors in that one? lol I added quite a few for you to find :wink:

If I truly missed sarcasm then I will apologize but the grammar fixing is something you do to get a rise out of some of us. Its not needed when we know what the OP or any poster means. I dont care to go back and fix every typo I have. (like adding a ’ to dont or its). Who cares, CFAI doesnt. Oops did it again.

If you are referring to the USA Certified investment management analyst, don’t waste your time, CGA already covered it

already registered for CAIA L2 in sept.

How long did you spend on CAIA L1 and how long have you already and will spend on L2?

I studied only for 2 weeks (12days) but would never advise that to anyone. You may be able to do it with 1 full month of serious study. It has many theoretical overlaps with CFA L2/L3 material with less intensity/depth but surely one must study it properly to pass. I will start studying for CAIA L2 after CFA L3 result.

Any other folks currently doing (or have done) the CAIA program? I’d be interested in hearing more thoughts on how it compares to the CFA exams and what the study time is for having been through CFA exams.

I passed CAIA level 1 in 2011 and failed level 2 in 2012. I don’t see a value (for me) to complete it.

its a respectable test but more “memorization” based compared to the CFA exams.

I think a CFA Charterholder could pass level 1 with a weeks’ worth of review given a lot of general knowledge covered. level 2 is probably compared to level 1 of the CFA in terms of “difficulty” and prep time…

I late regged for CAIA LI about a week and a half ago. Finishing the first book today given heavy level of overlap with CFA program curriculum. Book 2 is deeper dive into HF/PE world, so that should take up a little more time for me personally, as the lion’s share of my experience is in long-only strategies. However, if you’ve been through the entire CFA program and maintained a solid level of knowledge, CAIA LI should not be much of an issue, as noted previously. Just my humble opinion.

I joined the CAIA bandwagon - just ordered the material yesterday for September…not sure about what additional weightage it carries in the market place currently… but figured that it will have a slightly different emphasis and will clarify some things which CFA did not deal with entirely/enough… L1 takes lesser effort as per what I hear and you can always decide whether it has been worth and decide whether you want to continue with L2… hopefully I find enough time to put in enough effort between when I get the books and September…and the CFA learnings should help in this regard…