Ignore all Economists, Strategists and Analysts

Gotta love this chapter…All the sweat and tears that go into passing level I and II and then they tell us it’s all a bunch of crap ! Sometimes I think about quitting my job, buying one of those riding lawn mowers, moving out to california and spend the rest of my days cutting grass for lonely housewives.

Make sure you budget for a gym membership if you plan to do that. :wink:

jmychasei, Weren’t you the one that that managed to memorize every question on the L2 exam last year, put it on a spread sheet, and posted it on AF. That could be your new line of work!

hahaha…yes that was me…guilty can’t believe its study time already…went by so fast it seems !

yeah, here in So Cal all of the grass cutting jobs are taken by south of the borders… they do an awesome job! But you could be a pool boy if you’re cute enough!

UAECFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jmychasei, > > Weren’t you the one that that managed to memorize > every question on the L2 exam last year, put it on > a spread sheet, and posted it on AF. That could > be your new line of work! Great job pal! Yes that thread got pulled out halfway. I managed to go thro your answers before that and kept my confidence up through the waiting ordeal. Need your memory again in 138 days time : )

the program loses its touch in level 3… needs improvement in curriculum…

I feel the same way. Level 3 is a lot of touchy feely stuff. Do not know for sure that the answer is right-what CFAI wants.

Good thing that real investing has right and wrong answers that you can determine before the market gives you a grade. I guess the CFA Institute is full of guys who would rather have touchy feely judgements entering the analysis.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Good thing that real investing has right and wrong > answers that you can determine before the market > gives you a grade. My issue has nothing to do with markets/ investing material. My problem is with this Oprah Winfrey crap we’re encountering. I’m supposed to look into someone’s soul and determine how much risk they can handle? I don’t know about that.

You don’t look into their soul, you ask them what they value. From that you construct an indifference curve, and their utility function quickly follows. See e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indifference_curve for a start. It’s a tedious process, but well-founded.

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Good thing that real investing has right and > wrong > > answers that you can determine before the > market > > gives you a grade. > > My issue has nothing to do with markets/ investing > material. My problem is with this Oprah Winfrey > crap we’re encountering. I’m supposed to look > into someone’s soul and determine how much risk > they can handle? I don’t know about that. LMAO. So true

jmychasei, do you by any chance still have that info? that would be super awesome if you shared it with me … seriously. Thanks, ReTab

i forgot to include my email address. bigdaddy_ at hotmail dot com Thanks again