I'm done...

i think all of you guys are too serious. i didnt think sublimity was being arrogant. he was simply stating an emotion we have all felt time and again - to compete, fight for your place in the world. at the end of the day all of us will not enjoy the same level of success. but the fight and the dream keep us alive.

dedalus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just got axed…along with my whole company (all > 11 of us). We’re a fund in Beverly Hills that was > recently bought out by a publicly traded company. > For whatever reason our high net worth business > model does not fit in with their publicly-traded > model (only brought to our attention after the > fact). > > Anyway, time to detox from spending all market > hours staring at a computer screen. I’m up for > suggestions as to where to go relax in Brazil for > a while. I would appreciate any advice on the > best spots to revel in hedonism. Do you and your co-workers have non-competes? Why not start-up your own company and take your clients back?

I think most non-competes would be null and void for termination without cause. But I’m not sure.

The ones I’ve seen (err, signed) are still in effect whether you are fired or quit.

XSellSide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The ones I’ve seen (err, signed) are still in > effect whether you are fired or quit. Dang. That’s a pretty tough thing to sign. I know it’s very easy to be laid off for no reason other than market conditions. But I suppose there really isn’t an option–it’s take the job with signature or be unemployed, unless you are a sick candidate or something.