IM jobs @ MBA

If you peruse the Johnson website it appears they have a full blown trading room. How can they not have Bloombergs? That has to be wrong. Also, students run a hedge fund as well, thats rad.

Son of Man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you peruse the Johnson website it appears they > have a full blown trading room. How can they not > have Bloombergs? That has to be wrong. Also, > students run a hedge fund as well, thats rad. that is what i though. i mean cornell has a lot of alumni monet flowingthru the school, they have to have bloombergs!

I’d go with Ross and Virginia…

Son of Man Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you peruse the Johnson website it appears they > have a full blown trading room. How can they not > have Bloombergs? That has to be wrong. Also, > students run a hedge fund as well, thats rad. I’ve been there. Johnson doesn’t have bloombergs. However, I can confirm that Rice University has a great trading floor that includes bloombergs.

Does any school place a higehr percentage of its grads on wall street than Columbia?

thanks for the input guys… my main purpose was to select 2/3 safety schools. I just wanted to make sure that if I actually end up going to these schools (if I get accepted), it’s not the worst decision. I think I’ll be applying to duke, rotman and ross from the list of schools.

Daj, Columbia? If so, I have questions

A trading floor doesn’t matter, the question is, in an economic environment like this are any of the above mentioned schools going to place a significant number of people on the buyside or at investment banks? The answer is no, they will not unless the economy turns around. I have first hand experience at one of these schools watching MBAs attempt to land a job in a rough (much better than current) economy. The only people from these schools who land jobs are the guys who were already in banking or on the buyside pre-MBA. That may sound suprising as those schools are still great MBAs but in tough times only the top 5-10 schools place people in these jobs (and not everyone who wants one even at the best schools). Some of you may not realize the absolute carnage taking place on the buyside right now. 1000s of guys with experience are getting laid off all over the buyside, quality guys with top MBAs and incredible experience. Think twice before going to one of the mentioned schools with expectations of landing your dream job in IM/IB unless you already have industry experience. These are great schools but they are not the place to be in a slow down if you are interested in IM/IB. Of course you can bet on an economic recovery in three years but it’s a pretty big bet. Also keep in mind, if you get stuck at a fortune 500 management job when the economy turns around chances are slim of getting into IM/IB as you are competing with the fresh grads.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Daj, Columbia? If so, I have questions are you kidding me, dude??? i am not smart enough for a top 10. i am in the 10-20 category. boom goes the dynamite.

Top 10 to 20 is still respectable