I'm more upset as to what WASNT covered......

No Var, No Performance Attribution Micro or Macro, Nothing major on Gips presentation ( carve out calc ???) Very upset since these were areas schweser focused lots of time on, but instead they place a whole vignette on economics !!! I could complain about the concentration of the whole fixed income focusing on immunization as well but whatever, i knew the micro/macro stuff off the top of my head ready to rock that section. Its so unfair that CFAI would think that exam is a good representation of their material Kind of reminds me on L2 2 years ago they placed a whole vignette on black litterman model which schweser hardly covered. I found PM more difficult in am, i hope my confidence in the am will pull me through the horrible pm

i think CFAI is BS but I thing that I got ass cover though. By trying NOT to doom they end up damn by NOT asking good question on the core curriculum. Remember Coner portfolio, so essential to form set of efficient fontier.

Just because CFAI didn’t ask the questions that you think are important doesn’t mean that the exam was unfair.

IH8FSA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Very upset since these were areas schweser focused > lots of time on, but instead they place a whole > vignette on economics !!! … > > Its so unfair that CFAI would think that exam is a > good representation of their material … > Kind of reminds me on L2 2 years ago they placed a > whole vignette on black litterman model which > schweser hardly covered. > CFAI is not Schweser. NC

you need 6 hours each for AM and PM to cover everything, corner portfolios was asked last year, if you check the past years’ exams in order they never ask the same questions two years in a row, except IPS…you should’ve known that.

this year’s exam was the most fair out of all levels I have taken. easily.

brics didn’t show up, and I believe all 100 pages or whatever on corporate governance got dropped. Also, IIRC nothing on life insurance vs human capital, etc. I was hoping for more on commodities.

attribution is weird… is that more a schweser fixation?

billwest Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just because CFAI didn’t ask the questions that > you think are important doesn’t mean that the exam > was unfair. Dude, I am saying that CFAI was unfair, I said they give a lot BS that are not what you will be doing in real world. You might not even get close to my score. I understand what I studied and can make the diffrence between BS and core material. If you did not study hard enough, you would never understand what ppl are talking about.

Yep. My head is full of totally useless worthless crap no one ever heard of or will ever need to know.