Im most excited about _____ in L3

Im most excited about not having FRA on the L3 Exam. WOOO.

Im pumped about not having to study Quant for Level 3! wooo hooo!

Or portfolio management

^^Ditto. No Quant either. I could never really nail it down, but it doesn’t matter anymore! I was sitting outside of the exam center this past year when some L3 candidates sat down next to me and started rapid fire quizzing each other on GIPS shite. Whatever they were talking about sounded miserable and is something I am not looking forward to. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprogram/courseofstudy/Pages/topic_area_weights.aspx It’s interesting that the FI weight increases. I would assume this has to do with asset liability matching strategies.

L3 curriculum was by far the most boring of all 3, IMO. only part that was interesting was derivatives/risk management.

smileygladhands Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > L3 curriculum was by far the most boring of all 3, > IMO. > > only part that was interesting was > derivatives/risk management. +1

No more stuffs like GAAP-IFRS goodwilling temporally current rate impairment method. :slight_smile:

zestzorb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No more stuffs like GAAP-IFRS goodwilling > temporally current rate impairment method. :slight_smile: From what GIPS I came across in L1, I don’t fancy them. Would rather analyse time series for covariance stationary than getting GIPS-ed again.

No Quants! Thank goodness!!

No Quant, without adoubt. I dont need to deal with autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity models.

heteroskidimidasticity?

I don’t know. I disagree to some extent. Quant may not have been fun, but it was totally black-and-white. If you knew it, you nailed it for sure. There’s no “gray area” like ethics where “it sounds like it could be this… or could be that”. I nailed both quant sections in L1 and L2, and was 100% sure I nailed them. It’s almost guaranteed points in a way

about passing…

good luck

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know. I disagree to some extent. > > Quant may not have been fun, but it was totally > black-and-white. If you knew it, you nailed it for > sure. There’s no “gray area” like ethics where > “it sounds like it could be this… or could be > that”. I totally agree with u interacom !!!

behavioral finance

No quants/corporate i guess. I liked FRA though always aced it.

Bilal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No quants/corporate i guess. I liked FRA though > always aced it. +1

SS7: Economic Concepts for Asset Valuation in Portfolio Management looks really interesting! But most looking forward to passing (touch wood).

mr_moose Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bilal Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > No quants/corporate i guess. I liked FRA though > > always aced it. > > > +1 +1