I'm staring at 2007 test...

and I can’t get started! What is wrong with me? 2 weeks to go and I’m procrastinating? Bleh, anyone else not feeling it today?

Think it’s coincidence that they schedule this test first weekend in June. It’s an easy way start to weeding out the undedicated. Keep going Iwona. I’m locked in my basement with all blinds and windows closed. I’ll come out every three hours for a 1 hour break. I know it’s tough, just keep on pluggin.

i was like this yesterday… barely got an hour done… i felt awful today… i kept thinking if i had studied yesterday, i wouldn’t have to do this today , i wouldn’t have to do that today … do something, anything… watch a video… or just re-read ethics… better than nothing

I was feeling the same, so I took last night off. Now my mind is much clearer. One step backward to take two steps forward :slight_smile:

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ll come out every three hours for a 1 hour > break. i envy you… i can barely manage an hour and a half … then i need a break… my mind refuses to cooperate after that

I never study for more then 40 mins straight. Max i did was 1.5 hours for 30 questions on CFA sample

thanks guys, I’m on question 3 of the 2007 exam now! I’m glad I decided to do it, I would be really mad at myself if I didn’t!!! Regret sucks! Although I did have a good reason to stop studying around 9pm… the power went out!!! heheeh… but then I found a flashlight, read some notes… hehehe. Big Babbu… three hours straight? that is awesome because that’s how long we will have to sit down for in a Saturday two weeks from now! Props!!! I’m in SoCal and it’s quite cold here today, it poured last night… good study weather!!

It’s freakin nice here today so that’s why I’m locked in the dungeon. Ya, I should clarify, I may be down here for 3 hours straight, but I go 30 - 45 then minutes I’ll take a quick break and check AF, or something else. I can not keep full concentration for 3 hours here. I’ll save that mental beating for exam day. This morning I’m doing Schweser Book 1 Exam 2 AM…this stuff is tough because it’s just a different animal from the first two levels. So not used to taking a written response test. I should have done these way earlier :frowning:

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s freakin nice here today so that’s why I’m > locked in the dungeon. > Ya, I should clarify, I may be down here for 3 > hours straight, but I go 30 - 45 then minutes I’ll > take a quick break and check AF, or something > else. I can not keep full concentration for 3 > hours here. I’ll save that mental beating for exam > day. > This morning I’m doing Schweser Book 1 Exam 2 > AM…this stuff is tough because it’s just a > different animal from the first two levels. > So not used to taking a written response test. I > should have done these way earlier :frowning: You will be good. I VERY STRONGLY ADVISE TO DO OLD CFAI exams and ONLY THEN do schweser. That is just how i see it.

2005-2007 exams that is

oh and keep your responses short, I suggest no full sentences unless the question is worth at least 12 points… but that’s just me, I write novels. Oh did I mention that I bought an $8 pencil??? yes the world is coming to an end… but it’s really fat like a pen and the led is soft so it’s easier to write, geez I sould like a complete nerd!!!

join the club… i can’t seem to decide on a nice pen and pencil… i’m in the experimentation stage… so i keep trying diff pencils till i find the one :slight_smile:

I know what you mean. this is what I bought yesterday (Pilot DR. Grip 0.5 pencil), plus I bought lead that has hardness “B” which is softer than “HB” I like it so far. I do change my responses sometimes, also I do erase crap if I go off on a tangent, I would prefer to use a pen but I lack confidence to do that… do I exhibit anchoring? Or status quo trap? sorry couldn’t help myself.

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2005-2007 exams that is Thanks CSK…I have those penciled in to do them next weekend. I wanted to save those for as close to the exam as I possibly can so they are fresh in my mind as to the actual format and get a read on how they ask questions. I know some might think that’s leaving them too long, but I basically have the week off before the exam and I’m one of those people that’s able to do the last minute cram thing and have some success at it…at least to this point of this program. I could honestly care less what I get on these Schweser exams. I’m using them as a study tool, not a benchmark. Last year I was lucky to get 65% on any Schweser practice exam and I got by the real thing pretty good with 4 units >70 and 4 units 50-70. Hopefully it works again.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > comp_sci_kid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 2005-2007 exams that is > > Thanks CSK…I have those penciled in to do them > next weekend. > I wanted to save those for as close to the exam as > I possibly can so they are fresh in my mind as to > the actual format and get a read on how they ask > questions. > I know some might think that’s leaving them too > long, but I basically have the week off before the > exam and I’m one of those people that’s able to do > the last minute cram thing and have some success > at it…at least to this point of this program. > I could honestly care less what I get on these > Schweser exams. I’m using them as a study tool, > not a benchmark. Last year I was lucky to get 65% > on any Schweser practice exam and I got by the > real thing pretty good with 4 units >70 and 4 > units 50-70. > Hopefully it works again. i am pretty much using schweser as a practice too, book 6 was petty good compared with past cfai exams, they actually got the answer format similar to the cfai paper; but yes, should look at the cfai paper just to get used to their answer format. on an earlier link, I did not like volume 7 1AM paper much. but will do the rest just to test my knowledge again. it is all about repetitive application. Unfortunately, there are so many sources to test yourself and some of it is about confidence and not wanting to look at the cfai stuff until you think you have nailed the subject. each to their own… there are more than one way to skin a cat (poor cat!)