i'm sucking

Instead of cowering away in a corner like I do when I make a bad stock rec… This is how my blind screen no due diligence portfolio is doing. I don’t really know what stocks I’m buying. I know that the resulting portfolio is relatively efficient and has a lower risk profile than large cap stocks. I know that the screens i’m using have been back tested some and usually do well. week 1 week 2 long -4.01% -2.61% short 5.36% 1.46% combined -2.69% -3.39% compared to broad market: qqqq -7.1% -3.0% midcap -5.5% -2.0% emergin mkt -5.8% 0.4% small cap -6.5% -2.1% sp500 -5.0% -1.1% I lowered my short exposure for week 2 which cost me. The mean variance optimizer said I could do that but it was obviously on crack. Can you believe the nasdaq is already off ~10% for the year?!?

I’m so smart. I sold 100% of my U.S. equities in early December. Feels good.

it could always be worse – that’s not so bad. just be thankful that you’re not bear stearns

probably not a good idea to use the words sucking, virgin and hooker in the same sentence - got me to open it tho hope you have protection…

null&nuller Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > probably not a good idea to use the words sucking, > virgin and hooker in the same sentence - got me to > open it tho > hope you have protection… LOL! +2

Man, I knew I should have told my broker to short some indicies… this is the price of laziness (well, really lack of confidence). Virgin, I still commend you for working and posting. I intend to do similar shortly. However, realize that going short the market was good. In absolute terms, you are down, but the buy-indices-and-hold types (using SP500) were down 2.31% more in week 1, and 2.29 less in week 2. If you don’t have substantial transaction costs, you are still about par with the market. Hold the course, but make sure you are not risking money you can’t afford to lose. Just going through the process is a good thing for you.

Kkent… I’m curious what taxes will do to any gains you have from your sales?

I believe there is a frequent poster on the board with the motto “Trust God and keep your powder dry”, I like that, and think it is a good strategy right now, there will be some good deals in a few months

Thanks for the kind supportive words. I’m going to gloat like a mutha @#$%@% if it ever turns around. I’ll be dropping the “I toldja so” bomb frequently and without remorse.

Try back in at least 5 years…investing is not measured in days

Realwarriors, ha, I should have mentioned that I was down about 1% on my investment anyway (so I guess I’m not a genius). So I sold my US equities in early December and took a loss on my taxes.

Try holding for an extended period of time, rather than timing the market. Use what you’ve learned, rather than lose what you earned.

use technical analysis as your strategy

“The” technical analysis?