I'm Thankful for

1. My health.

2. Family.

3. The abilities God gave me to make a difference in the world.

4. My solid relationships in life.

5. AF -> My outlet for griping about CFA vs. MBA, M’n’A’in on the Buyside, Strip Clubs, Colon Clensing, and the like.

Needless to say I feel very blessed. Sound off what you’re thankful for. As you can see I’m a little sentimental at the moment.

1. My fairly good health (and improving, now that I’m taking better care of myself).

I’ve always been on the chubby side, but I’m fitter now than I’ve pretty much ever been, even as my high school, college, and grad school friends are filling out. I’m still the same weight as I was when I graduated college, but it’s distributed much better, muscle mass replacing fat. I can still stand to lose some more, but it’s all moving in the right direction, and I’m at a place where I feel good about myself.

1. My friends (both new and old). There can come a time when you feel like your friends have all moved out of town, settled down, and there’s no one new to meet. But the last year and a half have brought a lot of new life into my social sphere, and it’s been great. Old friends are great for reminding you of your roots and providing perspective on your life. New friends are great for adding that sense of growth and possibility about your future.

2. Family? My family is screwy, mostly because my father liked crazy women. Poor guy. He himself was a stand-up guy with integrity, brains, and a work ethic, but the women he chose just walked all over him (and pretty much anyone else they could). I fared better than my stepbrothers, but I often wonder how much smoother my life and theirs would have been if we could have been raised by competent, loving women. At least I had him, though, and I’m thankful for that.

I also had some good grandparents, cousins, uncles and aunts, many of whom are still with us.

1. Should AF be on here? AF is good to help keep me thinking about stuff that I don’t get to practice as much in my day job. And I’ve developed some people I can consider friends here, even if there are occasional flame wars.

2. Living in this fascinating city.

3. Surviving this four years of post-financial apocalypse and Sandy.

4. Brazil. Country of happy people, delicious food, and beautiful, loving partners! :slight_smile:

There is nothing for me here.

I’m thankful for a number of things, but most of all, I’m thankful for having a wonderful daughter in my life. I couldn’t ask for more in life than her selfless, unconditional love. (While it lasts, pretty sure a sumbitch will put me on the backseat in ten years or so … mo-fers!)

Love my son too.

I was asked if I wanted a daughter or a son, and responded “I don’t care that much, but one thing that’s extra nice about daughters: they pretty much always love their daddies no matter what.”

^ That’s definitely my hope. Still, mo-fers!

I have a daughter and a son. I love them both immensely and would not trade my daughter for anything in the world, but I suspect she will cause me far more worry and concern than my son based on nothing other than gender. I realize this is a sexist view, but it is what it is.

I can’t imagine any dad being ok with those “mo-fers” that their daughter brings home. But if the son introduces a hot girlfriend, that’s super cool.

Louis CK’s routine on “Girls vs Boys” is hilarious. :wink: Look it up on youtube (NSFW language)

Agreed. I’m not really sure how am I going to manage a number of things about her future. Boys are much simpler.

Haha, yeah. A friend who also has a daughter told me once that the dreaded day we come home and find a stupid teenager waiting in my living room and introduces himself “hi sir, I’m Jake, your daughter’s classmate” we will realize the wolves have been officially unleashed, or more likely have been unleashed for a while. Now that I think about it, an option is to start drinking heavily again.

would you be less afraid if your daughter introduces a girlfriend instead?

burqa

^ I don’t know, I don’t know!

* reaching my hidden bottle of scotch in the office *

i’m thankful for me because without me none of this would be possible. thank you me.

Turd the oneman show without an audience!

The U.S. Bank Cash + Credit Card I got approved for today. Talk about legit reward perks. I’ve almost got the perfect combination of Credit Cards now to get 5% cash back on all major parts of my budget.

Things I’m thankful for: (1) AnalystForum

(2) Finding my potential soulmate this year (yes, a couple months ago I said I was single, but we had some issues we needed to work out separately and I’m optimistic we can sort out our differences…might be premature for me to say, but for whatever it’s worth I’m still thankful for having been in a good relationship. We’ll see whether we’re meant to be or if I need to go hit up the NYC singles scene again starting 2013…)

(3) My family

(4) Tennis and great health

(5) Starting a new job on Monday!

Does she know about the interior design girl??

Oh no…I hope she doesn’t check this forum. She’s probably aware of it because I’ve browsed it on her computer, but hopefully she doesn’t find that thread. Next topic please!!