Importance of key word

WTF??

OP is a troll.

Troof.

Keep calm, and hacksaw.

I had this same fear; then I started to think/hope that all of the practice exams probably had me trained as to how to answer specific types of questions with those key words.

Hopefully they are referring to those candidates that did not spend much time on practice exams that provided responses not focused on the key words / instructions as to what CFA wanted.

…I hope

…triple post. Epic Fail!!! I’d be okay with that today and not on 8/12

I liked IssacAsimov’s books. He’s one of my favorite science fiction authors.

I’m not sure what issacasimov was expecting, or what would count as a non-arrogant answer. Here is my attempt at one.

Issacasimov heard about “paying attention to key words” as being a factor in why some people do well or poorly. While he was studying, presumably no one had said that to him. That’s ok, not everyone focuses on that point.

The keyword issue is that some people focus on the wrong thing in L3. Sometimes the question asks for a calculation, sometimes it only asks for a description, and sometimes it asks for a justification or a rationale. If you provide a calculation when a rationale is called for, then you’re likely not going to get the points for something, even if the calculation is correct.

If no one explained this to you, you might still have absorbed it naturally by doing practice examse and seeing how the answers are presented. So there really isn’t that much to worry about if you did a bunch of practice problems. This is the substance of what itera said.

Another way to paraphrase what itera said “I wouldn’t worry about it too much, unless you didn’t do many practice problems, because you likely absorbed the keywords naturally by doing that.”

Sometimes in the heat of the exam, people rush through and don’t pay attention to the keywords, especially if there is more than one. They see “Calcuate X and give a justification for why you did or did not recommend Y.” People rush through to calculate X and completely forget to make a recommendate about Y.

I once used Hari Seldon as a userid, but not here on AF.

Flawless Victory

Do you have a job doe?

who is this jabroni Isaac Asimov? This guy came out of the woodwork.

pay attention issac, pay very close attention

now, what did you help your uncle do?

Agree

Isaac has anger issues. His rants make him either a mad man or a sad man.

This thread is gold. I need to check out the Level I,II,III forums more often.

geo pass your napoleon avatar over to this guy

FYI the CFAI already watches these forums.

and another FYI, If I was working for the CFAI, I’d look up Isaac Azimov in the candidate directory for UK for L3, and if I actually found you, I’d make a little note on your file -> warning: potential psychopath

Final Jeopardy Clue: “Archibald Leach, Bernard Schwartz and Lucille LeSueur” in the category of “Movies”

Response: “Who are three people who’ve never been in my kitchen?”

^ more like 'Warning: Stage 5 QQQbee"

I know it is frustrating, but you really do have to read the questions and words carefully before answering and not just race through and start writing. I think we are all guilty of that. Key words are emphasized at each level of the exam.

What a novel idea: read the question.

RTFQ

also, you really do have to remember to breathe during the exam. If you stop breathing you’re likely to pass out , and might die.

^

lol