Important Update about CFA Exam Results

FWIW I have it pointed to my Gmail account, and it did seem to roll in right around 3:22 pm (I had another email that came in at 3:51 pm, so it was anywhere between 3:22 and 3:51 I guess). Not saying that gmail would be consistent in that regard, just another data point. Can you imagine the agony on results day when tons of people start posting here that they got their result while some of us are still waiting for it to get through the wires! This does seem to make sense though, pushing out emails should be less taxing on their servers than thousands of candidates trying to log in at 8:59 am…

amjf088 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FWIW I have it pointed to my Gmail account, and it > did seem to roll in right around 3:22 pm (I had > another email that came in at 3:51 pm, so it was > anywhere between 3:22 and 3:51 I guess). > > Not saying that gmail would be consistent in that > regard, just another data point. > > Can you imagine the agony on results day when tons > of people start posting here that they got their > result while some of us are still waiting for it > to get through the wires! > > This does seem to make sense though, pushing out > emails should be less taxing on their servers than > thousands of candidates trying to log in at 8:59 > am… I am using my Yahoo account and I got the email at 2.22pm CST. I think they might be emailing this in batches. The results obviously would have to be sent to everyone at the same time within a std deviation of say, 10-15 minutes.

Got mine this morning (7/2) at my Yahoo. Repointing to my business address!

ATH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Got mine this morning (7/2) at my Yahoo. > Repointing to my business address! At least its not me. Yahoo sux.

Anybody know how to read e-mail headers? It appears that mine was sent around 12:30pm (but I can’t figure out the time zone) and I received it at 2:22pm.

… and I still haven’t gotten this email. Man I knew I shouldn’t have checked back in here. Was finally starting to enjoy the summer.

ilkandi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > … and I still haven’t gotten this email. Man I > knew I shouldn’t have checked back in here. Was > finally starting to enjoy the summer. FYI - the CFAI has said that results will be posted on their website (old school way where you log in, etc.) the day after emails go out. So if you dont get your email for some reason, have a good nights sleep and then wake up to the CFAI.org website.

One thing to remember about this - I think there are about 13-15k LIII candidates. Figure even 20k. When they sent the first e-mail out, they sent to ALL candidates - LI, LII, and LIII. That is probably close to 120k people. When they e-mail out to only LIII candidates, they’ll be able to send everything out a little faster since it’s to fewer people. Plus, hopefully, they’ll have learned one or two things because they had sent out the LI and LII results.

charlottekid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ATH Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Got mine this morning (7/2) at my Yahoo. > > Repointing to my business address! > > > At least its not me. Yahoo sux. Agreed, but at least it gets less spam than Hotmail or Gmail! I abandoned my Hotmail account years ago as the spam started to choke my life away. Conversely, I hope switching to my work e-mail won’t mean that the e-mail will be subject to the ruthless spam filters that let nothing through.

The email address (yahoo) they have for me is right, but I didn’t get the email. Their website says “We will e-mail June 2010 Level I and Level II exam results on Monday, 26 July 2010 to candidates who sat for those exams (a change from prior years, where we posted results online). Level III exam results will be available in mid-August.” It doesn’t say level 3 results are being emailed

bradleyz - you must not be a LIII candidate. See first post. I got the same email as OP. jeezzz…

Bradleyz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The email address (yahoo) they have for me is > right, but I didn’t get the email. Their website > says > > “We will e-mail June 2010 Level I and Level II > exam results on Monday, 26 July 2010 to candidates > who sat for those exams (a change from prior > years, where we posted results online). > > Level III exam results will be available in > mid-August.” > > It doesn’t say level 3 results are being emailed They are being emailed – so you should update your email address with CFAI.org or over the phone with customer service. This is NOT a drill.