Important Update about CFA Exam Results

[redacted] (but noticed that my candidate number had extra numbers before and after) Dear CPierce, We will e-mail your June 2010 CFA Level III exam results to you in mid-August 2010 (a change from prior years, where we posted results online). We will provide you with the specific date in the coming weeks. Please take a moment to ensure we have the correct e-mail address on file for you: heywouldyoublowme@cfainstitute.org To change your e-mail address, please login to manage your account. Note that you will need your username and password to access your account. If you need assistance logging into your account, please click here. Sincerely, CFA Institute

Oh no, I didn’t get the email! Does that mean I failed? Also, the background on the CFAI web site is dark blue - I heard if you passed it is sky blue! Also my candidate number is even - I heard if it’s even you can only pass in odd years! Oh, woe is me!!

I heard stupidity doesn’t end after you receive your charter. Confirm/Deny?

You should ask them over on the Level 2 forum, where this conversation is currently taking place as we speak.

The thing I find comical, is them sending you an email asking you to make sure your email address is correct…

^^ LOL. Didn’t think of that.

Kinda lame, usually I waited till the end of the day to login and check. Now I’ll have no choice when I get the news.

readytopass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kinda lame, usually I waited till the end of the > day to login and check. Now I’ll have no choice > when I get the news. You don’t have to open the email…

When you have to resubmit work experience, do your sponsors have to fill out the sponsor forms again?

Will the header tell me if I passed or failed?

^Change the settings and put any email from CFAI into spam. Now whenever you feel like checking, go to the spam folder and see it.

Oh no, I didn’t get the email either :wink:

cfaman2681 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When you have to resubmit work experience, do your > sponsors have to fill out the sponsor forms again? No - I like the misdirection of this question.

what address was the email from? I didnt get it and want to put that address into my non-spam list…

It’s from cfa@cfa-program.org

nc_analyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Will the header tell me if I passed or failed? Yep. You will receive letter with big bold heading “You suck” or “You rule”. And it automatically will be forwarded to all addresses in your contact list.

So the email was sent @ 3:22pm yesterday (saying we are getting results via email) and I received it @ my yahoo.com email at around midnight. I know this sounds silly – but WTF??? That delay on results day would absolutely kill me. There wont be a website for results, they wont provide results over the phone – so i will just be hitting reload for 8 hours. Anyone have any idea how to speed this up? Should i point it towards my work email?

Here is another question – what happens if you hit the “unsubscribe” link @ the bottom of the email? Do you never find out your results???

charlottekid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So the email was sent @ 3:22pm yesterday (saying > we are getting results via email) and I received > it @ my yahoo.com email at around midnight. > > I know this sounds silly – but WTF??? That delay > on results day would absolutely kill me. There > wont be a website for results, they wont provide > results over the phone – so i will just be > hitting reload for 8 hours. > > Anyone have any idea how to speed this up? Should > i point it towards my work email? Hate to say this - but try something different than yahoo.

CPierce Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > charlottekid Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > So the email was sent @ 3:22pm yesterday > (saying > > we are getting results via email) and I > received > > it @ my yahoo.com email at around midnight. > > > > I know this sounds silly – but WTF??? That > delay > > on results day would absolutely kill me. There > > wont be a website for results, they wont > provide > > results over the phone – so i will just be > > hitting reload for 8 hours. > > > > Anyone have any idea how to speed this up? > Should > > i point it towards my work email? > > Hate to say this - but try something different > than yahoo. Yeah, I know. It does suck. I am going to repoint it to work email.