improper use?

I just saw a guy use " Joe Smith, CFA level 2 candidate" on his business card and argued with everyone that its not wrong. I thought initally that its only if you have the designation, you can use it on the business card. Could some verify that this is wrong?

THERE ARE NO PARTIAL DESIGNATIONS.

Get a card and forward it to the CFAI. I bet they have a wall of shame for things like that.

Whether it violates CFA ethics or not, who would do that? Honestly?

yeah the guy just couldnt stop arguing that since he did not state a partial designation but rather him being a candidate, theres nothing wrong with it. and he argues with everyone who told him he was wrong. Ridiculous! I will probably get a business card and forward it.

I never understood people who do that, do they print new cards each 6month-1year?

i dont know why he did that…he’s a broker trying to be kool i guess…plus him arguing with people at our fund dint quite help his cause either…hehe

buddha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I never understood people who do that, do they > print new cards each 6month-1year? People who do this won’t have to update their card for at least 3 years if you get my drift.

Oh come on… WOULD YOU DO THAT? It just looks ridiculous… This guy must be seriously stupid.

…is he the one w/ the PSDCFA1 license plate??

nah, he probably doesn’t even have a clue. being awesome would mean getting a license plate that says “EBITDA,” which is what i have on the back of my Z4 (as well as my ford pinto). clearly not as good as “UFCF,” but “EBITDA” looks cooler.

EBITDA license plate…wow…thats the limit hehe…

My license plate says “FU DERIV”

what a friggin’ tool - I can see how it’s technically correct since he indicates his candidacy, rather than showing something like “CFA (2e).” Still, unless his full time job is actually being an L2 candidate, that doesn’t belong there. Tell him to remove that, but he can keep the Edward Jones logo he pilfered from their website.

In the spirit of things, I recently saw emails 1. from an analyst at one of our boutiques: Joe Smith, MBA his saving grace was that he was reporting surprisingly good performance to our MD. 2. from a colleague who had Joe Smith, CAIA even though his work has nothing to do with alternatives specifically

should it not be acceptable, as long as he says he’s a candidate and doesn’t use the CFA logo. what specifically is the objection with “Joe Schmoe, CFA Level 2 Candidate” without a CFA logo?

Danteshek Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In the spirit of things, I recently saw emails > > 1. from an analyst at one of our boutiques: Joe > Smith, MBA > his saving grace was that he was reporting > surprisingly good performance to our MD. > > 2. from a colleague who had Joe Smith, CAIA even > though his work has nothing to do with > alternatives specifically Its not good to have name, MBA? i have seen BComm and even BA

Most people don’t even mention MBAs on their card, how can this guy have the guts to put CFA Level 2 Candidate. Whether it’s against CFAI ethical standards or not, it’s ridiculous to include such a thing on your business card.

I have a card: Chris Maths, Lap 3 of 200m swimming badge 1986. Is this a violation?

I saw someone put CFA in big letters after their name on a resume. That guy was trying to get an ibanking position :slight_smile: