improving english

i do and infact it has hepled my english but it doesnt improve ur vocab or grammer that much… in GMAT and CAT they ask questions most native english speakers would struggle to answer

On a slightly different topic…

when i was younger i learned a lot of conversational english through watching cartoons. it is easier to learn english than tv shows or movies, because there are usually more dialogues and they speak very clearly.

You’re fking AIR and you already have experience trading.

You can stand with the best of them. Jesus Christ…I would kill for an AIR. The world is literally at your feet. Stop complaining and just get out there.

Don’t know if that’s sarcarsm studmuffin but ‘those dudes’ are actually quite legit across the commonwealth.

Make a conscious effort to read and write with correct grammar and punctuation.

Sorry, what’s an “AIR?”

I’ve been told by a few people I’ve met online that are ESL (English Second Language) a good way to learn is to use proper grammar, sentence structure, spelling, etc on internet forums. Pay attention to how the native speakers use words and how they structure things and emulate it.

I’ve been told by a few people I’ve met online that are ESL (English Second Language) a good way to learn is to use proper grammar, sentence structure, spelling, etc on internet forums. Pay attention to how the native speakers use words and how they structure things and emulate it.

While this is true, I’ve met a lot of native speakers with the very poor grammar/writing skills. I would say the best way to drill the grammar is to take ESL grammar/writing course instead of a typical English class for natives. It focuses on a lot of nitty gritty details that are natural to native speakers and therefore never taught in a regular class.

As for the speaking skills… I know it’s not something that can (or should) be arranged, but dating a native English speaker (who doesn’t speak your language) helps a great deal… Or (more realistic) working for one.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/listing/2680986523380?r=1&cm_mmca2=pla&cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-Book_15To24-_-Q000000633-_-2680986523380

English Grammar For Dummies

Even the mighty goog couldnt help me out with this. I second this question.

All India Rank

Don’t bother learning english. China will take over the US soon enough given their first position on our debt. Get a good feel for all of the chinky languages and you’ll be in good hands brotha. The downfall of the US is coming in our livetimes.

Acing GMAT english is easier than acing math. You learn rules, practice and it is not unreasonable to score in 95%+ percentile.

Getting rid of the accent on the other hand is a real challenge

Keeping the accent is not necessarily a bad thing. It has its benefits.

Yes what’s wrong with accents?

it’s kinda nice and it tells people where you come from!

Usually, i’m quite impressed whenever a foreigner can speak my native language without an accent. Not everyone can learn a language (as a teen/adult) and speak it fluently without an accent, so it always strikes me as intelligent.

Dudesama, you will be impressed with this fella here, Italian PM:

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5NJwS286co]