In case anyone cares...

I just took Level 1 of the CAIA. The exam was what I expected and I’m quite confident that I passed. After being sick all last week (thus skipping lunch crunches), this is a great feeling for me. Now back at the CPA firm, I have a pile of documents 2 feet high on my desk. It may be awhile before I can take a long lunch again.

Hey Ditch… never know are you in a CPA firm? How’s busy season? Of course we all care about you and especially your lunch crunches! Those are great checkpoints about study pace. Let us know when you have those lunch crunch again~

After being out for a week and now being March, Very Busy! Studying will be compromised, but I know I can make up for it once it is over.

Congo mate - u killed it!

congrats on the CAIA. now just remain employed and dive in head first into your CFA stuff. you can breath again on june 6th at 5pm. it’s go time baby. i will put in my 25 q’s on qbank today. my goal for march = at minimum 25 q’s a day weekdays and 100 a day weekends. that should be maybe 1k or so questions in the next few weeks. bring it on.

Good luck ditch we all wait for your lunch crunch! Hopefully I can get a better score next time when you offer some lunch crunch~ Let us know when you get ur score for CAIA too… Anyway, are you in audit/tax if you don’t mind me asking?

From here on in I’m going to do 4 to 5 hours on weekdays and 16 hours on the weekends. I have to learn this stuff as well I knew the level 1 stuff. Good luck everyone.

^ do you work? how is that possible? that is out of control on weekdays. you have to sleep, eat, exercise and relax to stay sane. this screams burnout to me, but you do what you do aliman. i have a hard time finding an hour a night on weekdays.

I work in tax. After being laid off, I found a temp position in taxation at a CPA firm. I’m learning alot. The temp position works out best for me since my full time MBA program starts in August. The position is done 4/15, so I’ll have a ton of time to study. Over the summer I plan on working at a golf course and working the golf game. I’ll put lunch crunches up, however, I will more than likely not be able to participate due to the workload we’re experiencing now.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^ do you work? how is that possible? that is out > of control on weekdays. you have to sleep, eat, > exercise and relax to stay sane. this screams > burnout to me, but you do what you do aliman. i > have a hard time finding an hour a night on > weekdays. Yes, I work as an engineer so my hours are pretty good (7am to 4pm). After work, I head to the university and chat with some friends, eat dinner, and study in the university law library from about 5:30 to 10pm. Then I come home then prepare for the next work day. I usually get only 5 hours of sleep a weeknight. This schedule is killing me, but it worked well for level 1 and I can’t see changing it for this exam. I find if I wait until the weekends to study, then unfortunately, my retention is much worse and a lot of time is wasted on trying to relearn concepts. I actually find myself much more effective this way. We’ll see what happens though as the time crunch is starting to happen. I also try to work out during lunch but that hasn’t happened lately. I find if I work out, I need to sleep more (yes, my body is telling me to relax). I’ll make up for all of this after the exam :wink:

I feel ya Ali, not enough hours in the day man. Just finished the first study session in Equity.

JP_RL_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I feel ya Ali, not enough hours in the day man. > Just finished the first study session in Equity. JP, Are you solving end of the chapter CFAI questions as you go ?

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just took Level 1 of the CAIA. The exam was > what I expected and I’m quite confident that I > passed. > > After being sick all last week (thus skipping > lunch crunches), this is a great feeling for me. > > > Now back at the CPA firm, I have a pile of > documents 2 feet high on my desk. It may be > awhile before I can take a long lunch again. Good luck for the results… With 1.5 months off, you should be fine for L2 as well…

Ditch, I am sure you did well on the CAIA, let us know when the results are posted and you have passed… And I for one love the lunch crunches… some days are better for it others, but i always check at night when i get home…

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bannisja Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ^ do you work? how is that possible? that is > out > > of control on weekdays. you have to sleep, > eat, > > exercise and relax to stay sane. this screams > > burnout to me, but you do what you do aliman. > i > > have a hard time finding an hour a night on > > weekdays. > > > Yes, I work as an engineer so my hours are pretty > good (7am to 4pm). After work, I head to the > university and chat with some friends, eat dinner, > and study in the university law library from about > 5:30 to 10pm. Then I come home then prepare for > the next work day. I usually get only 5 hours of > sleep a weeknight. This schedule is killing me, > but it worked well for level 1 and I can’t see > changing it for this exam. > > I find if I wait until the weekends to study, then > unfortunately, my retention is much worse and a > lot of time is wasted on trying to relearn > concepts. I actually find myself much more > effective this way. We’ll see what happens though > as the time crunch is starting to happen. > > I also try to work out during lunch but that > hasn’t happened lately. I find if I work out, I > need to sleep more (yes, my body is telling me to > relax). I’ll make up for all of this after the > exam :wink: Only wish you the best, TheAliMan.

ditch, we’ll all wait to hear your good news!

Passed L1 CAIA! While the results are released tomorrow, there is a glitch on the website allowing me to register for L2 today. I’ll post the exam breakdown in the morning. All in all I’m happy, but a pass was already ‘priced into’ my expectation. Back to Alt Assets for CFA L2.

CAIA. hmm. nice. congratulations man

DD, had not idea you were taking the CAIA…I know you passed! And as you know, I love the lunch / brunch crunches…

TheAliMan, What happened to the 2009 AF coinflip tourney gold medalist signature?!