In case you didn't already know...

Men and Women Can’t Be "Just Friends

These results suggest that men, relative to women, have a particularly hard time being “just friends.” What makes these results particularly interesting is that they were found within particular friendships (remember, each participant was only asked about the specific, platonic, friend with whom they entered the lab). This is not just a bit of confirmation for stereotypes about sex-hungry males and naïve females; it is direct proof that two people can experience the exact same relationship in radically different ways. Men seem to see myriad opportunities for romance in their supposedly platonic opposite-sex friendships. The women in these friendships, however, seem to have a completely different orientation—one that is actually platonic.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=men-and-women-cant-be-just-friends&page=2

*nods and grimaces*

That being said, girls usually only hang out with guys whom they are attracted to. So this survey could be biased by women not admitting it.

Surely “just friends” is possible. It just isn’t *always* possible. I’m sure each and every one of you have some opposite-sex friends that you don’t mind talking to or having around and shootin’ the breeze with, but with whom you’d have to be stuck for years on a desert island to decide it’s time to get, you know, biblical.

It just means that women have a lot more of those kinds of friends than men do.

this is a big problem for me, all women i meet want to get into my pants.

^ I hate being treated like a piece of meat too.

I have lots of female friends, close ones as well and under certain circumstances I would f@ck every single one of them. Even the ones I am not attracted to. I guess I am just impulsive and hedonistic like that.