In defense of Goldman Sachs

• the competition is intense; they needed to pull out all the stops. - if they don’t, others will.

Hope you are well.

Who’s failing Ethics?

In defence of Scarface -He was broke looking to provide for his family -If he didn’t do it there were 100’s of other Cuban’s waiting to step in -He ruined hundreds of families along the way, but competition was fierce, it was something that had to be done

Join in next week for “In defence of…” Enron, and Jack the Ripper

In defense of Bush Jr… They tried to kill his dad!

The fun for GS is just beginning.

joking i hope…

Yep, pull out all the stops, including breaking the law. WTF? Free markets are not free when a certain privileged subset of the participants lie, cheat, steal, and play by a different set of rules.

I hope that defense is a joke. That being said, I don’t think the case is as clear cut as many others think it to be. The journal nails it in their opinion this morning. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303491304575188352960427106.html

Level 2 guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > - if they don’t, others will. Logic Fail

Goldman probably released it. They control the SEC. I’m sure they started shorting their own stock on Thursday.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In defense of Bush Jr… They tried to kill his > dad! Please, this is a valid reason.

CFACurse Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Goldman probably released it. They control the > SEC. I’m sure they started shorting their own > stock on Thursday. Lol thats what I was thinking…they short their own stock.

i thought wells notice must be disclosed to investors, no?

Reggie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In defence of Scarface > > -He was broke looking to provide for his family > -If he didn’t do it there were 100’s of other > Cuban’s waiting to step in > -He ruined hundreds of families along the way, but > competition was fierce, it was something that had > to be done Haha. In defense of the Anticrist: --If he blows the world it’s because all the bad publicity he has received during centuries. Everyone has patience limits. --If he doesn’t, an asteroid would do it anyway, so.

In Defense of Kim Jong Il; -He was pressured by his father -If he didn’t do it someone else would have risen to power -North Korean politics is ruthless; if your subjects don’t fear you they may revolt!

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFACurse Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Goldman probably released it. They control the > > SEC. I’m sure they started shorting their own > > stock on Thursday. > > > Lol thats what I was thinking…they short their > own stock. …yes, but they’ll only do it synthetically. :slight_smile:

Good luck working for GS with the charter. GS HR: So, if we asked you to create a synthetic product with one client picking the underlying assets most likely to deteriorate, and then sell it to another client as a revenue generating financial product without disclosing the nature of its construction, would you have a problem with that? CFACharterholder: Well, yes, it would violate the code of conduct and I might lose my charter. GS HR: Well thanks for coming in, I dont think this is the right position for you.

In defense of J. Stalin: -It was war time; sarcrifices needed to be made