Indentifying Topics in the Text

How do you know which sections of the text correspond to the various topics as per the CFA website? The TOC for each book lists each SS as pertaining to Portfolio Management Which SS relate to Equity, Alt, Fixed, and Derivatives?

you don’t. welcome to Level 3

answer is to know every LOS and SS cold…questions can pertain to more than one SS, so you could have an essay that asks for items from SS 4, 7 and 16

My question is really about the study materials rather than the actual exam. If the stated weight of equity is X%, how do you identify equity in the books? 10-15% of the mcap11 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > answer is to know every LOS and SS > cold…questions can pertain to more than one > SS, so you could have an essay that asks for items > from SS 4, 7 and 16

Ehmm… perhaps with book 4 bearing the title “fixed income and equity portfolio management”? Same with book 5 for alt. assets and derivatives.

L3 is not cut and dry like L2 and L1 in terms of weightings…PM is between 40-60%, and they give no indication of what specific SS those come from…KNOW IT ALL

Got that, but what’s confusing is that the table of contents indicates PM at the very top. flashbax Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ehmm… perhaps with book 4 bearing the title > “fixed income and equity portfolio management”? > Same with book 5 for alt. assets and derivatives.

the other part is the text never INDENTS stuff to make it understandable. (pun on your typo in the message subject). If Indenting be your thing, then you need to do it all on your own. In addition to identifying whether something belongs to an LOS or not. As someone else had written above (or on another post) - I believe it was SkipE99 - the LOS in one study session could have overlap / be stated differently / bring in new terminology / confuse everything out of you elsewhere. So be prepared.

None of this is truly essential. I’m just trying to set up a study plan that allocates time, at least in some measure, on the topic weightings. In Level II, this doesn’t seem entirely possible, an naturally I’ll live with it.