Indian Candidates - L3 '09 Test center?

Any indians on the forum already registered for the 2009 exam? What test center have you selected? India is not on the list of test centers - CFAI is in litigation with the technical education regulatory body of India and is not yet permitted to hold exams in the country.

True but you could always chose some centre abroad. If there is a resolution to the said issue then you could always change the location to one in India.

i think the next date of hearing is 25th august arakhanna , can you please drop me a mail at equityresearchnds at gmail dotcom

I have selected Singapore for the time being. Thats where I went this year for L2.

I opted for Colombo. I took the level 2 this year there as well - 1 hour 20 minutes by flight from Bangalore (where I live). Am hoping that come exam time next year, CFAI will have a center in Bangalore.

I have opted for Katmandu as of now, took L1 and L2 there. Just hope that I get a better job opportunity abroad so that can take the exam from there itself :frowning:

Magix and Kompeter, how much your trip cost you? Got lots of loans on my head, would take the cheapest option!

not registered yet.will opt for Bangkok (yet again)

dsylexic, if I am not mistaken for L1 & L2 you went to Bangkok… didnt u?

U could come to Dhaka, Bangladesh also… It might slash some costs depending upon wht part of India u reside in.

Hi Bhaiyyu - Return (economy) airfare from Bangalore cost me about Rs 12,000. Hotel stay was about US $ 85 per night. It cost me less than it would have to go to Mumbai or Delhi to take the exam.

kompeter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi Bhaiyyu - Return (economy) airfare from > Bangalore cost me about Rs 12,000. Hotel stay was > about US $ 85 per night. It cost me less than it > would have to go to Mumbai or Delhi to take the > exam. that was a decent deal…guess from b’bay also columbo would be better.

CFA_Werewolf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dsylexic, if I am not mistaken for L1 & L2 you > went to Bangkok… didnt u? correct

I chose Singapore this year and appeared in Mumbai. Have again chosen Singapore hoping to have the same two outcomes : appearing in India and passing. Took it in Bangkok in '07 and didnt clear it.

from bangalore/chennai there is a low cost flight called tigerairways which charges arouund 12000 for a return trip to singapore so if you have a accomodation setting there you are done … from chennai there is a flight called aeroindia express which charges 6500 for a return trip to columbo… thts what i guess is the cheapest option, i have used tiger for level 2 and am happy that i did so…

bdeora Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > from bangalore/chennai there is a low cost flight > called tigerairways which charges arouund 12000 > for a return trip to singapore so if you have a > accomodation setting there you are done … from > chennai there is a flight called aeroindia express > which charges 6500 for a return trip to columbo… > thts what i guess is the cheapest option, i have > used tiger for level 2 and am happy that i did > so… there is an airway called “Cosmic Air” - flies to kathmandu from Nepal. So me and 2 of my friends book a ticket to be there on Saturday before the exam. Departure time was 11 30 AM. We reached at 10 and checked in. Suddenly we observe that there’s a cosmic flight to kathmandu at 10 30 or something. me and another friend think that’s odd and enquire how come two flights are so closely scheduled. The guy who stands at the door says, “oh Sir, we’re sorry , the time is wrongly printed”. And even the lady who was at check in counter didn’t inform us while taking our boarding passes. We were lucky by 10 minutes. The second friend of mine wasn’t. he arived at 10 35 to find that the flight has left. needless to say - he was Fcuked.

hey all, m taking L3 2009 in singapore. took L2 in dubai this yr…was a comfortable experience sans the exam time :smiley: has anyone bought / got schweser L3 09 notes as yet? how many have registered for s’pore?