Inflation 101

Real world inflation… penny production abolished in Canada.

Estimated cost of producing a penny is $0.016

I bought Final Fantasy 2 for the SNES for $60 around 1993. The same game was recast as FF 4 for Playstation, and I paid about $40 for it in 2001-ish. Just saw it as an app for the iPad for $15.

^I played it for free by emulator. Deflation, what.

Newbies…

When I was a kid, inflation got up to 80% a month, but it varied wildly month by month (usually going up). When we discussed the price of things, our unofficial currency was sodas. The Spiderman comic was about 3 sodas or so. A 5 soda comic would be expensive, but nobody cared about the price in actual currency.

Supermarkets updated their prices every day. Workers used to spend their entire salary on groceries a few minutes after they were paid.

You don’t wanna mess with inflation.

On more current news, the PS4 arrived here for about 1800 USD. A gallon of gas (3.8 liters) goes for a little above 5 dollars, even with the government doing gimmicks to avoid price increases. A new Camaro goes for almost 100k USD.

man you cool as shit mister.

Now Turd knows my deep source of inner hurt: video games no longer cost a quarter. :wink:

Am I the only one who got the Half Baked movie quote? Man I am old!

FULLY, man!

[video:www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcpRcjQrNHc]

SFW

@Crazyman 1800 USD for a PS4. Crazy Brazilians.

@CFAvsMBA I got it. I just assume everybody has seen it like 10 times like I have.

you have smoked yourself retarded. look at my quote earlier.

^ You and OG son, I know you got it. Bchad’s tangent had me thinking the rest of the folks ain’t cultured like us.