Info needed - changes in CFA curriculum 2011

Dear All, I am using the SchweserNotes for the 2010 exam in preparing for the Level 3 exam next week. Just want to know if there have been any major changes in the SchweserNotes for 2011 that I need to be aware of. Appreciate a prompt response. Thank you

One entire reading on Equity Market Valuation was added in while an entire reading on Macroanalysis and Microvaluation of the Stock Market was taken out. Major changes in GIPS.

major changes in GIPS? i didn’t see any on that note. would you elaborate a couple?

ditto on GIPS niraj- there is a whole new 2010 GIPS code that went into place 1/1/11… not kidding. new rules like for regular valuation you used to be able to do monthly, now it is monthly PLUS anytime a large CF occurs. Real Estate used to be annually, now it’s quarterly valuations. An independent appraiser has to value stuff every 3 yrs. in 2012 that goes to once a year unless you state why it is less frequent. Etc… if the CFAI wanted to be very, very dirty on GIPS this year, they’d stick it in the AM and make it about RE and PE GIPS. there are a boatload of new rules. we’ll see how mean they want to be, but 1000%, you need to look this over hard.

yeah im checking it out now. seems manageable. should be done cramming this in two more hours. im glad i watch AF.

reading 24 and 48 http://www.finquiz.com/cfa_level_3_curriculum_changes_2010_2011

what they said. GIPS has a ton of changes and Equity Market Valuation (reading 24 in econ i think) is a new section.

Thanks to everyone in helping to clarify this.

http://www.gipsstandards.org/standards/pdf/final_track_changes_2010.pdf

> if the CFAI wanted to be very, very dirty on GIPS > this year, they’d stick it in the AM and make it > about RE and PE GIPS. there are a boatload of new > rules. we’ll see how mean they want to be, but > 1000%, you need to look this over hard. I’m not sure I’m in complete agreement with this - the 2010 GIPS Standards weren’t actually accepted until Sept-Dec 2010.

Having GIPS in the morning would be a blessing. It’s easier to spot errors and write them down rather than trying to decide between two choices that appear to look correct.