Infrastructure funds

Does anyone have a good overview of major infrastructure funds? I know Blackstone, Macquarie, Apollo, Goldman and Brookfield all are heavily involved in this space. I’m more interested in non-oil & gas funds. Is there a common fund structure? Seems like they buy old assets, drain them and then sell before they need to re-build anything major. Musical chairs! But my understanding is these funds do not provide a big return compared to others but I may be wrong.

im also interested in commodity funds and major players.

For example, you have ABCD - ADM,Bunge,Cargill,and Louis Dreyfus on the grain side. ADM focuses on corn while Bunge is the soybean king. In Canada, you have three big companies: Richardson, Viterra (Glencore), and one other I can’t think of right now. The Middle East has invested heavily in the grain market of Canada with G3. The Japanese did the same thing with their own company over the past 2 years.

There is so much money being spent on infrastructure right now but it seems like there will be major winners and losers. It feels like there is too much money creating unnecessary capacity. For example, Delaware NJ and Philadelphia are all expanding their ports at the exact same time.

Capital Allocators podcast has talked to some guys who are in this space. Not sure if it’s what you are looking for