Insights from the CFAI mock exams?

Anyone have any insights after taking the CFAI mock exams on what may show up on the real one? For example, after taking the free practice exam someone pointed out that the Asset Managers code may show up…

AMC has been on the exam the last 2 years. It will be on it this year.

bump…

Well, i have not done mock yet, but judging from the posts - calculation for macro attribution shows up

bump again… my topic does not seem to be popular…

the macro attribution calculation on mock CFAI test surprised me. I had no clue…had to go back to the book to see how they derive the calculation, it’s another pain in the butt to memorize just in case.

i think the CFA exams might be an indication of the type ( wording ) of questions that we might expect and maybe the level of difficulty but as far as actual content goes thatz anybody’s guess

QuantAnalyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the macro attribution calculation on mock CFAI > test surprised me. I had no clue…had to go back > to the book to see how they derive the > calculation, it’s another pain in the butt to > memorize just in case. Man, I went over macro attribution just last night, and now I can’t remember how to do it. This sux!

Does any boddy see the answer for the Mock exam. I took, it only give me overall feeback. Is it the way it suppose to be?

Anyone have any other ideas from these exams? Overall, is CFAI more likely to test on the material that is new for this year? If so, what is the new material?

CFAIIICFAIII Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Anyone have any other ideas from these exams? > > Overall, is CFAI more likely to test on the > material that is new for this year? If so, what > is the new material? How about GIPS RE and PE, have these been tested in the last few years?

The schweser books tell you to remember the calcs for the RE portion of GIPS. So I will do that. In response to attribution performance does anybody else find the pure sector allocation/ selection etc formulas and the international attribution to be a major pain? I think that will be an essay question.

GIPS RE is new this year, I believe. Pretty straight-forward calcs assuming CFAI doesn’t hide info in the case that you are supposed to pick out. I’d know them. Last year, GIPS was in the afternoon and there were several calcs. I think that caught a lot of people off guard. I expect GIPS in the morning this year but there could certainly be calcs.