Interest is in CFO Right?

One I got wrong last night and lost it on my computer. Question said interest would be an investing cash flow for a manufacturing company.

CFO or CFF (interest paid), CFO or CFI (interest received) under IFRS, only CFO under US GAAP. Milos

Milosh will you please say that one more time, a little more clearly. I didn’t understand what you wrote

Yeah, GAAP and IFRS are used often on those CFAI exams. Thats why I f’’'ed it up!

Under IFRS: Interest paid can be classified as CFO or CFF, while interest received can be classified as CFO or CFI Under US GAAP: Interest received and paid is always classified as CFO. Before answering or doing any computation look for something like “assume US GAAP” or “assume IFRS”. Milos

What about interests in capital leases? From the lessees view… Consider US-GAAP. Aren’t they nonoperating?

cfaisok Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What about interests in capital leases? From the > lessees view… > > Consider US-GAAP. Aren’t they nonoperating? it depends if it is a sale-type lease of financing-lease

If the interest is capitalized, wouldnt it be CFI?

@strange: it’s the lesees view… So there is no sales-type / direct financing lease? I think. Isn’t it CFF?

In capital lease: interest payment CFO part of the principal payment CFF Operating lease: the expense (rent) goes to CFO Note: Sorry I didnt realized we were talking on a lesee view.

So it’s an error on page 523, volume 3, cfai. They declared depreciation as operating expense and interest as nonoperating. See first table on the page.

1. Interest is a non-opearting item unless it is a financing company. 2) Interest payment is always CFO with principal payment counted as CFF.

Yeah, they love to trick you with those banks!

cfaisok Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So it’s an error on page 523, volume 3, cfai. > > They declared depreciation as operating expense > and interest as nonoperating. > > See first table on the page. In the office at the moment…I cant see any book