Interest Rate Futures vs Bond Futures

In CFAI book 4 Page 115, why is this section titled “Interest Rate Futures” when “Bond Futures” are being discussed? Risk Management readings deal with Long interest rate futures that have gains when rates rise, but here the reading talks about gain when rates fall. Might as well throw in FRA, please clarify how they differ from Interest Rate Futures? My brain is fried, and I am disgusted at myself for dealing with this last minute, but can someone please post payoff equations for Interest Rate Futures and Bond Futures to disambiguate them for me?

interest rate future price up, as interest rate up bond futures price up,as interest rate down you can use either to hedge the interest rate risk or bond price risk

jims2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > interest rate future price up, as interest rate > up > bond futures price up,as interest rate down > > you can use either to hedge the interest rate risk > or bond price risk jims- did you read book 4 Page 115+ ?