interview advice

I have an interview for the analyst training program with a global bank. It is one of the top 5 global banks. I also had an interview with a similar bank a couple weeks back for a similar program but I blow it. Does anyone know what they look for in these types of programs? I always make it through tests and to the interviews, thousands of people apply. But then I blow it in the interview. The first interview is via the phone, and my strength show in person. The worse kind of questions for me is when they start to ask you specific things about the firm. I can build models, solve any equation, but I know nothing about your firm! I hope the guys that follow me around every post with silly comments can stay away from this one.

You seriously don’t research the company website and google it before you interview?? Pen, paper, write everything down. This is by far the easiest part of the interview to shine in. You should be able to talk about the company non-stop for 40 minutes if you want the job. Areas to discuss: history, product lines, performance, competitors, strengths, weaknesses, core business, areas of interest, senior management names, deals, brand, reputation, core values. Then sum it up with why you want to work for that bank in that department for that guy. Basics man. Absolute basics. Everyone else is doing this, maybe that is why you are not succeeding. You don’t want it enough.

Thank you Muddahudda You are probably right, I go in knowing everything about myself and ready to show what I have what it takes but I get nailed when they start talking firm specifics. How much time would a typical applicant put into this, cause you can go from reading about the firm on wikipedia to spending all week reading about it? “Basics man. Absolute basics. Everyone else is doing this, maybe that is why you are not succeeding. You don’t want it enough.” I want it more than I want oxygen, I just under estimated this “know the firm factor” too much due to lack of knowledge.

Man madoff you crazy. I like how you roll kid.

I like being crazy, it sets me apart ( go ahead guys, make smart as* comments now)

what do Sisqo and Ahmadmadoff have in common?

wake2000 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what do Sisqo and Ahmadmadoff have in common? BHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

welcome wake2000. been expecting you. i assume it has to do with a “thong”, now let me hear something funny