Interview question

If a company told you that they were looking to hire talent and not skills, what would you make of this statement? How do I present this to a company to showcase talent instead of skills?

Forget about the first part and tell them you don’t know how to do anything.

nice

Tell them you’re looking to deliver performance but not results.

Ha ha. Those comments are funny… I suppose the statement means that skills are to knowledge as talent is to wisdom. Skills mean you know how to do something (and resumes are often just lists of skills). Talent means being able to figure out how to use your skills to get a result, and presumably it means having a little bit of extra insight. However, I wonder if the person making that statement knows what he or she is saying. I’d just ask them how they distinguish between talent and skills.

show them that you can spin on your head, and i am sure they will hire you

DarienHacker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Tell them you’re looking to deliver performance > but not results. Sounds like my boss, cares too much about the process, not the end result.

if your boss doesn’t care about the end results, isn’t is possible to make a strong push to fire him?

I would say… Talent = deal CLOSING skills. Skill = deal MAKING skills. In other words… Talent = The Forest…possibly several. Skill = The Trees. Willy