interview question

So there are different types of interviews: behavioral, technical etc. Is it appropriate to ask the HR what type of interview to expect onsite before you visit them?

I dont think it is and they could be evil and switch it up on ya…

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > So there are different types of interviews: > behavioral, technical etc. > > Is it appropriate to ask the HR what type of > interview to expect onsite before you visit them? You could ask, “What is the typical procedure for the interview?” Or something like that to get a feeler.

i think its ok to ask if its going to be a behavioral or technical interview.

Ask if lunch will be served before or after the interview, and if you can bring a guest.

Why not prepare for both?

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Why not prepare for both? Because it takes more time.

It would depend on the exact circumstances, but asking HR before an interview what you can expect would not send a good message in my opinion. Most interviews will ask technical and behavioural questions anyway I would have thought. Prepare for both is the right answer here I think. They might ask you to do a mock presentation on the day or do some stupid apptitude test or something. You could ask if there would be any elements like that I suppose, but again I think its better simply to be prepared for such eventualities without asking.

HR = Behavioural Everyone Else = Analytical and Technical

storko is right generally but ive also had managers ask lots of behavioral questions