Interview question

Numi sounds like a good drinking buddy too, but we’d have to upgrade to Courvoisier. Me, I’m a caipirinha man myself.

Is that what they drink at Paly? :wink:

I once was asked by a partner at a job interview in a big 4 for my strengths, so I told him the 3 ones I had worked on and then he asked me “give me another one”. He did that for around 10 times which made me feel put out in the end. Then he asked me for my weaknesses and repeated the same process. At the end of the interview I was wondering what had happened to me and he finally gave me the job :wink:

A lot of these questions are testing self-awareness and the ability to handle awkward questions. I think the major issue in handling them is to make sure you come across as thoughtful, sincere, and to have some way to assure your employer that you will make sure that your weaknesses are not going to be their problem, or that these weaknesses are things that they can work around or live with because of the amazing-ness of your strengths. cfaGrunt, hey, you remembered! But no, caipirinhas are part of my post-Paly life.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Numi sounds like a good drinking buddy too, but > we’d have to upgrade to Courvoisier. > > Me, I’m a caipirinha man myself. i’m down. one of these days, when i’m not rocking out on microsoft excel or applying to the latest WillyR job posting, it’d be cool to grab a drink sometime. same to turkish, randall, and cfa2grunt. i’m sure all the analystforum follies become even more enjoyable with a few beverages in hand.

I suggest either a neutral location…Montreal? Or on my next trip to NYC we have the first AF Boondoggle.

montreal would be great. i missed out on the “ballet” last time i was up there…d’oh!

That trip doesn’t count, then…gotta go again.

I’d be up for drinks sometime in the next few weeks with whoever is here and local. I’m in NYC. I’d even consider trying to organize and coordinate it, if there is enough interest.

My husband gets mad when I go to the ballet without him. Anyway, I’m in Boston, so that makes it tougher for me to drop by. But maybe the next time I’m in NYC I’ll drop a line…

Boston, the current sports capital of the world…if I weren’t a Pats’ fan since I was 11, I’d hate the place…but I can’t. On that note though…doesn’t anyone actually still care about the bruins?

Bruins? Who they? I’ve never been much of a hockey fan, but the Bruins seem to still have some rabid supporters (though I suspect they are a very small minority of sports fans here).

I dunno, I think Detroit is more dominant the Boston: Pistons and REd Wings for sure. Tigers are going to be a 2008 favorite now…and well, we just will forget about the NFL. 3 outta 4 is pretty dang good.

Yeah Mitch Albom and Bob Ryan have a ton to yell about on the sports reporters every week. I just feel bad for Lupica, he loves to yell.