Interview tips.

a hit or two of the good stuff should get you in the game…but seriously…good luck

debt or equity capital markets?

Thank you guys so much for the tips. I had planned on dressing well (to get in the mind set) like someone planned. I usually roll up to work in a button down and khakis but tomorrow I am breakin out a suit, aww yeah. Again, thanks for all the tips, I will let y’all know how it goes. I am going to go over the CFAI corp. fin section to brush up on DCM and decision making (NPV>IRR, NPV>1 etc etc.). You guys rock! I will be on the boards after lunch tomorrow to update. Keep me in your PRAYERS (because I need to PRAY for this, and we all know im not religious).

Just read through Numi’s posts again. Amazing stuff. You sir, have won 1 million internet points.

Good luck buddy… I have a big interview pending with the ER department here @ Bloomberg. Either I nail this job or I’m looking at unemployment in a few months. I know how nerve racking the process is for recent grads and the obstacles we have to overcome to get into the industry now and I just wanted to let you know you are not alone! I’ve always found it helpful to think of an interview as a sale…and what you are selling is yourself. Be polite, concise and crack a joke or two…a little personality goes a long way in an interview. All the the advice previously mentioned is excellent. Best of luck!

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I usually roll up to > work in a button down and khakis but tomorrow I am > breakin out a suit, aww yeah. > Wouldn’t that raise suspicion?

Let us know how the interview went nuppal. Good luck!

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thank you guys so much for the tips. > > I had planned on dressing well (to get in the mind > set) like someone planned. I usually roll up to > work in a button down and khakis but tomorrow I am > breakin out a suit, aww yeah. > > Again, thanks for all the tips, I will let y’all > know how it goes. I am going to go over the CFAI > corp. fin section to brush up on DCM and decision > making (NPV>IRR, NPV>1 etc etc.). > > You guys rock! I will be on the boards after lunch > tomorrow to update. Keep me in your PRAYERS > (because I need to PRAY for this, and we all know > im not religious). NPV > 0 Good luck!

^ Yeah, thanks Nyquil!

So I just got off the phone and I think it went really well. I already sent my HR contact a follow up email and I sent her a thank you email. She said she was going to try and set up a phone call with her boss and “she was definitly interested” which I think is awesome news. I am still so nervous, this is exactly what I have been looking for and it is surreal to be going through this process. Overall though I think I might get waved into round 1.5 (the talk with the boss) before (hopefully) going on to round 2 which sounds like it is going to be Fixed Income and Equity analysis. Maybe structured products (commodities, rates…) as well. Thank you guys again for the suggestions. My attire did raise a few eyebrows, but considering most people here wear jeans/t-shirt to work and I usually wear a button down they probably thought I did an extra bump of coke before work today…

I’m sure you did great nuppal! Let us know how it goes … Remember - Round of drinks on me this Friday if you make it to NYC! :wink: lol … Maybe we can get PT to fly in for some fun!

What is all this “if” business. WHEN I make it to NYC lol. Oh and you’re friend is cute… Still so nervous right now. I hope I hear back and she wasn’t just trying to get me off the phone. Ill see you in NYC! And if PT comes, even if I dont get that job, I will come to NYC hehe

Good going, Nuppal. Sounds you’re on the right track. A little nervousness is good - keeps you alert. If you have too much, the video below might help: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5wQeBLQ194

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > lol … Maybe we can get PT to fly in for some > fun! Hell yes! I’m in! This is going to be fun: MMMF. But let’s make a deal, Davis: we have to spend some time just you and me. I’m sure Nupps and IH will understand. BTW, no linebacker-sized hubby in NYC, right? Lol.

Dougie is da man!

I have dibs on hanging out with daviskr first. Who wants to fight?

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have dibs on hanging out with daviskr first. Who > wants to fight? But it’s her choice dude. She’s even willing to spend some quality time with a lifetime Steelers fan (she hates us as a whole), and we are in kind of the same boat: we are not willing to end our marriages but would to have an affair with an interesting person with common interests and compatible sense of humor. And believe me, all the CFA stuff can increase the stress to the roof. New horizons are definitely good to relieve stress.

While you two talk about it, I will seduce her with my speedo dance.

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hell yes! I’m in! This is going to be fun: MMMF. > > But let’s make a deal, Davis: we have to spend > some time just you and me. I’m sure Nupps and IH > will understand. BTW, no linebacker-sized hubby in > NYC, right? Lol. Alone time, huh? Is this where you’re supposed to help me with my spanish? :wink: Nope, hubby won’t be in attendance. I leave for a work conference from Wed. to Fri. and figured I’d stay over for the weekend. Plus he coaches basketball and their season just started … I wonder if I can get i<3i<3math to come out from hiding while I’m there! nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dougie is da man! +1 TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have dibs on hanging out with daviskr first. Who > wants to fight? Not quite sure if I’ll be making it up to Canada anytime soon … lol Up for another visit to NYC? :wink:

I think daviskr is a good enough reason to come out for some drinks this weekend.