Interview tips.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have dibs on hanging out with daviskr first. Who > wants to fight? I am locked and loaded, anytime…Go on…just say it…

Shoot first, ask questions never.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think daviskr is a good enough reason to come > out for some drinks this weekend. bchad!!! For real???

I’m kind of scared for you, daviskr! Make sure you’re out of the way when the fights break out.

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Alone time, huh? Is this where you’re supposed to > help me with my spanish? :wink: Lol, by the time we finish your Spanish proficiency will have certainly improved. The thing is, it takes time. Fortunately your yoga classes help to stay fit, so you’ll be fine. A little dehydrated, but fine.

O M G

how long did you stay at your current job nuppal?

I’m still at it… I have been here for 5 months.

Part-time Crook Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > daviskr Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Alone time, huh? Is this where you’re supposed > to > > help me with my spanish? :wink: > > Lol, by the time we finish your Spanish > proficiency will have certainly improved. The > thing is, it takes time. Fortunately your yoga > classes help to stay fit, so you’ll be fine. A > little dehydrated, but fine. I wonder what words you’ll be teaching me! LOL Btw, I take hot yoga so dehydration wouldn’t be an issue :wink:

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m still at it… I have been here for 5 months. wow only 5 months and you are looking for a new one? i been at my current one for about 8 months, I considered too but wouldn’t it look bad if you are jumping place to place too quickly

cfagoal2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nuppal Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’m still at it… I have been here for 5 > months. > > > wow only 5 months and you are looking for a new > one? i been at my current one for about 8 months, > I considered too but wouldn’t it look bad if you > are jumping place to place too quickly I agree that it would but I think that most employers understand that these are pretty extenuating circumstances, especially for a non-target kid trying to break into the industry. I have been in contact with a Senior Excex at this bank for over 1 year and in contact with my HR lady for over 5 months, so they both know my situation and the reasons/motivations behind the choices I make/have made. Ideally, I get this position and move internally within the company, when i worked there I had 0 negative interactions, sure things got tense sometimes but we always went out and had drinks after a tough day. This was true in Beverly Hills as in NYC, everyone that I have interacted with there is ‘real.’

Still waiting to hear from the boss. Anyone how long this should take given the details from above?? My intervewer was someone who works on the team. She said she was “definitly interested” She said that she wanted her boss to talk to me I should hear back “soon” I know this doesnt seem like much to go on and it’s only been 3 hours and 20 minutes since we got off the phone but I am dying over here. I am so anxious/nervous.

Could be a few days, could be a couple weeks…just relax if you’ve already sent a thank-you note, as it’s out of your hands now

Should’ve put this in the previous post; HR contact said that if they like what they hear then the time frame to have me come for Round 2 would be this (the 20th) Friday. Time frame to have me in NY and up and running would be by mid-December.

***Update*** Just got the email. Next phone interview scheduled for Thursday. Prepare prepare prepare, hurry up and wait!

^ Congrats man. Good Luck!

Freaking having one of those I am so excited but cannot act excited because people will think I am nuts, moments. Its like when Daviskr friended me on facebook.

nuppal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Freaking having one of those I am so excited but > cannot act excited because people will think I am > nuts, moments. Its like when Daviskr friended me > on facebook. lol … Relax nuppal!!

I know what would calm me down right now…and it involves PTC, maybe you too.

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wonder what words you’ll be teaching me! LOL > > Btw, I take hot yoga so dehydration wouldn’t be an > issue :wink: Dirty ones, but entire phrases not just words, lol. The part I don’t like is that suddenly a lot of dudes are hitting on you! (even our example of correctness, bchad?) At this pace MattLikesHitler will join too. You have to resolve that ambiguity, or NYC airports will be crowded with AFers trying to meet you this weekend, ha. [Looking for tickets at Expedia as we speak]