Interview

I have an interview coming up and I got a question about if you always need to go to an interview clean shaved…I actually (acc. to my gf…)look very pansy when clean shaved…and look much more grown up and serious when I have a stubble…do you think I could go like that to an interview? Will it make any diff. with the interviewers?

CLEAN…otherwise you look like a pansy for disrespecting the person(s) you are interviewing with.

Clean… Clint Eastwood doesn’t work in finance.

chinstrap

Shaved, stubble is no good for an interview.

Was this a serious question?

It depends whether your interview is on Wall Street or in ‘da hood…know what I’m sayin, yo?

redvolve Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Clean… > > Clint Eastwood doesn’t work in finance. good one!

sparty419 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have an interview coming up and I got a question > about if you always need to go to an interview > clean shaved…I actually (acc. to my gf…)look > very pansy when clean shaved…and look much more > grown up and serious when I have a stubble…do > you think I could go like that to an interview? > Will it make any diff. with the interviewers? Sure. You can skip the morning shower too. And probably don’t have to brush your teeth either. Also make sure you wear a t-shirt, joggers, and sandals. I’d be shocked if you don’t receive an offer within 30 minutes after interview end.

your girlfriend doesnt work on Wall Street does she? Clean dude, gekko has no stuble. he is your proxy. dont forget the braces

Maybe you can get a fake beard at one of those novelty shops? Then the decision wouldn’t be between clean shaven and stubble. I had a beard and occasionally a goatee in a previous career. I found that for most things (other than messiah fill-ins) as long as the facial hair looks neatly trimmed, that’s what’s essential. The problem is that - at least for me - you need to have at least 5 days of growth before you can even start to get there. If you don’t have that time to your interview don’t even think about it. Stubble just looks like you don’t know how to take care of yourself or didn’t bother. Most financial professionals like the clean shaven look. If you don’t have a reputation that precedes you, then you should probably conform to the stereotype. People feel it’s important to be “detail-oriented” in this industry (even if you may be oriented toward the wrong details, as the ABS crowd is discovering), and people seem to perceive the facial hair decision (and dressing in general) as a proxy for how you think about “details.”

Doesn’t matter. If they want you they’ll take you in any way shape of form.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > your girlfriend doesnt work on Wall Street does > she? Clean dude, gekko has no stuble. he is your > proxy. dont forget the braces Braces?

| | | | not +++ +++

TJR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > daj224 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > your girlfriend doesnt work on Wall Street does > > she? Clean dude, gekko has no stuble. he is > your > > proxy. dont forget the braces > > > Braces? Suspenders in UK.

suspenders in Canada too??

Sorry… what I mean is that what we call suspenders are called braces in the UK. I believe in Canada they’re called suspenders as well.