Intro and first question

Hi All, I’m registered for the June 08 Level 1 exam. I’ve worked (mainly as and accounting analyst) for a large mutual fund company for the last 10 years or so. I’m 35 and expecting my first child in May. Good timing to take the test huh. I’ve read through Quant, Econ and am about 1/2 through FSA. I’m looking at going over Ethics next and my question is: Is the free pdf of the Standards of Practice Handbook (9th edition, I believe) on the CFA website the most up to date version. I tried a quick search but didn’t see anything that answered the question. I really want to start cranking out the studying now that the holidays are over (splitting time with work and my very pregnant wife). Look forward to talking with you all.

Shabadoo, welcome to the forum. The 9th edition is the latest. http://www.cfapubs.org/toc/ccb/2005/2005/3

Can someone tell me more about the Standards of Practice Handbook? Why is it not included with the CFAI text?

Thx, By the way, Congrats to all who just passed and best of luck who will be (re)taking it in June 08 -Shab

KJH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Can someone tell me more about the Standards of > Practice Handbook? Why is it not included with > the CFAI text? I did not use the CFAI text but what that was provided in the Schweser notes was pretty much a condensed version of the handbook. The handbook was a lil wordier when explaining the concepts but it certainly did give a lot more examples and from what I heard the bulk of the questions in the exam were very similar to the scenarios given in the handbook. You can easily download that handbook but if you want I can email it to you. Just give me your email address