Introduction

Hey guys I figured if I’m going to lurk the board, I might as well put in some posting. I just started studying one week ago. I don’t really feel any pressure of coming up short on time (I am working full-time however). I have a BS/BA and concentration in Finance, so just about everything I’ve seen so far seems like review. I hope I’m not being too blind about the difficulty of level I. The hardest thing I’ve found so hard is staying focused. It’s been tough turning down going out with friends, responding to the constant “why are you doing this comments”, and just general people not understand what my long-term goals are. Well, I live in Boston if anyone’s in the area. I suck at studying, but maybe we can gain some motivation from each other. Keep up the good questions/comments everybody. They’ve been useful reading so far and I’m sure it will pick up come crunch time closer to the exam. Steve

bakbakbakgone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey guys > > I figured if I’m going to lurk the board, I might > as well put in some posting. > > I just started studying one week ago. I don’t > really feel any pressure of coming up short on > time (I am working full-time however). I have a > BS/BA and concentration in Finance, so just about > everything I’ve seen so far seems like review. I > hope I’m not being too blind about the difficulty > of level I. > > The hardest thing I’ve found so hard is staying > focused. It’s been tough turning down going out > with friends, responding to the constant “why are > you doing this comments”, and just general people > not understand what my long-term goals are. > > Well, I live in Boston if anyone’s in the area. I > suck at studying, but maybe we can gain some > motivation from each other. > > Keep up the good questions/comments everybody. > They’ve been useful reading so far and I’m sure it > will pick up come crunch time closer to the exam. > > Steve I am in the Boston area, but doing level 2 next june. so welcome and good luck. If you are working full time, you have your work cut out for you. PS – you work in investments? buy side or sell side?

Yes, I’ve found it tough with working full-time, but definitly not impossible. I’m not in the investment industry - it’s more of a financial technology consulting gig. Let’s keep in touch for level 2. Two of the guys I work with are signed up for L2 too.

sounds good, man