Investment Bankers greed?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 5000 pages?! Is this some Henry Darger thing > about Gledilinian economics? > > In one sentence, I can tell you that the coming > meltdown of will happen - it’s just “a matter of > time”. > > Edit: So profs on board - can you imagine being > handed a 5000 page thesis and being asked to read > it? I had real trouble reading 50 page theses… If someone handed me a 5,000 page thesis, I’d lauigh, tell them to get the dolly, and cart it away. Finance doctoral theses typically run 100-150 pages, and the record in recent times was about 50 pages (got a simple, good and creative idea, answered the question fully, and then stopped. It looks like it ll end up in a top finance journal, too). 5,000 pages is either a fabrication or evidence of a very, very disturbed mind.

busprof Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JoeyDVivre Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 5000 pages?! Is this some Henry Darger thing > > about Gledilinian economics? > > > > In one sentence, I can tell you that the coming > > meltdown of will happen - it’s just “a matter > of > > time”. > > > > Edit: So profs on board - can you imagine being > > handed a 5000 page thesis and being asked to > read > > it? I had real trouble reading 50 page > theses… > > If someone handed me a 5,000 page thesis, I’d > lauigh, tell them to get the dolly, and cart it > away. Finance doctoral theses typically run > 100-150 pages, and the record in recent times was > about 50 pages (got a simple, good and creative > idea, answered the question fully, and then > stopped. It looks like it ll end up in a top > finance journal, too). > > 5,000 pages is either a fabrication or evidence of > a very, very disturbed mind. So I know this Russian guy who got a dissertation topic from his advisor and disappeared for two weeks - didn’t show up for his classes, didn’t show up to teach his classes, didn’t get his mail - and then showed up in the same clothes he had on two weeks prior, smelling like two weeks without personal hygiene and said (correctly) “Have solved problum”. His advisor had to have a sit down with him after he showered.