Investment Bankers greed?

I work as a Financial Analyst for a commercial bank and do not see what is special about Investment Bankers with these huge perks. I have friends that work in investment banking and I can tell you that some of their share portfolios are down by 50%. I have been investing in the market for about 10 months and my stock selections for my firm are down by 3%. I wrote a 5000 page thesis last year and I knew that this disaster that is happening right now was only a matter of time. Can any investment bankers justify there bonuses espescially when they have had a hand in trashing the financial markets with these securitised instruments!

5000 pages?! Is this some Henry Darger thing about Gledilinian economics? In one sentence, I can tell you that the coming meltdown of [blah] will happen - it’s just “a matter of time”. Edit: So profs on board - can you imagine being handed a 5000 page thesis and being asked to read it? I had real trouble reading 50 page theses…

to steal from steveOW You sound like a real douche, brah

Tony, The nature of investment houses has not changed drastically throughout recent history, so I don’t see this as a ground-breaking discovery. There used to be a time when Investment banks had the interests of their clients as their # 1 priority…say in the early 1900’s when the business model was a lot different. They used to underwrite only high quality bond and equity offerings (fearing that any compromise would alienate their customers). As less and less high quality companies needed to raise capital, standards slowly shifted to more speculative issues (blah blah Great Depression hit…blah blah…more bad regulation…blah…throw in Michael Milken somewhere…blah blah…and the rest is history.

hahaha 5000 page thesis

do you even know what investment bankers do?

Sure. I watched ‘American Psycho’ on DVD.

Financial Analyst for a commercial bank = teller at wachovia? i didnt know the university of phoenix required a 5000 page thesis…

Joey, what is Gledilinian economics? (I searched on Google with different keywords but no references)

I guess that would be Glandelinian economics. I just made it up. Darger wrote a 15,000 page book about little girls battling the Glandelinians. It’s a folk art classic and you can see lots of it at the Folk Art museum in NYC next to the MoMA (which is a much better museum).

drs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Financial Analyst for a commercial bank = teller > at wachovia? > > i didnt know the university of phoenix required a > 5000 page thesis… OUCH!!!

5000 pages! That must be the bible of all things finance.

I don’t think I have written 5000 pages in my lifetime.

5000 pages? thats like writing all of L1 and 40% of L2’s material what in the world takes 5000 pages to write? youre joking - right?

obviously it was a typo, Tony B rocked 50,000 page thesis.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t think I have written 5000 pages in my > lifetime. I think I’ve written 5000 pages on AF.

Investment banking / private equity = real finance Equity research / prop trading = gambling

jlx177 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Investment banking / private equity = real > finance > > Equity research / prop trading = gambling Thanks for clearing it all up.

Reading the posts I hope that none of you are the next generation of Lehman or Bear Stears bankers!!

Tony B Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Reading the posts I hope that none of you are the > next generation of Lehman or Bear Stears bankers!! Can we possibly get an outline of your thesis? I mean, we dont want the 100 page version of it, but maybe a page or two about general things you talked about. was the font size 40 or 50? and did you have alot of pictures?