Investment Banking Institute

Does anyone has any feedback about the IBI ? http://www.ibtraining.com/syllabus.php Do you think it really worths it and can be a good asset to gain a good exposure of the IB world or be familiar with modelling aspects ?

they’re really just selling a dream basically the only way to get to an iBank IMO…go to an outstanding undergrad. or go to an outstanding B-school end of story. camps, programs, etc…it all means nothing. you are nothing. your undergrad is EVERYTHING. truth.

Possibly a little extreme. I did take a look and would agree though that it’s not likely to be the deciding factor in getting into IB. You’re better off networking on your own IMO.

builders Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > they’re really just selling a dream > > basically the only way to get to an iBank IMO…go > to an outstanding undergrad. > > or go to an outstanding B-school > > end of story. > > camps, programs, etc…it all means nothing. you > are nothing. your undergrad is EVERYTHING. > > truth. I’m sure a ton of people will disagree with you. But I’d say this gives anyone by far the best chance at IB

what about the modelling aspect ? could it be a good thing to improve the knowledge in this area or just preparing the CFA will be enough ?

I took a class from Wall Street Prep and I learned a lot about building a model in Excel. It was expensive, but good. Do I think I could now land an IB job? No I can’t, I got my undergrad from a public university.

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > builders Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > they’re really just selling a dream > > > > basically the only way to get to an iBank > IMO…go > > to an outstanding undergrad. > > > > or go to an outstanding B-school > > > > end of story. > > > > camps, programs, etc…it all means nothing. > you > > are nothing. your undergrad is EVERYTHING. > > > > truth. > > > I’m sure a ton of people will disagree with you. > But I’d say this gives anyone by far the best > chance at IB lol @ this snake oil crap being better than a HYPWS degree at getting a job in banking.

^ I think you misread what I mean. I was agreeing with builders that a top undergrad was the chance people have

@iteracom: OK did misread. And I agree – getting a good schooling pedigree is #1 best way to get to IB.