"Invisible" Bike Helmet

I bike pretty frequently and don’t mind wearing a helmet. In fact I wonder about the people that don’t wear helmets when riding a road bike. My average speed on my bike is usually north of 17mph and have hits speeds close to 40 mph, so having a biking accident without a helmet could be disasterous. The only people that I see riding without a helmet these days are little kids on BMX bikes (which is becoming rarer by the day) and hippsters on fixies that think they’re cool with their tight jeans and single gear road bike.

Man bags had been in fashion for decades… where have you been???

Japanese cyclists should focus on riding safely before they worry about keeping their hair from getting messy. Japanese car drivers= fantastic. Cyclists= worst I’ve ever experienced. No one looks where they are going, using umbrellas, texting, double riding, dashing through streets without looking. It’s weird because everything else is so orderly and people follow rules…except when they get on a bike.

I don’t know about the comment that Japanese drivers are good. I tend to lump all asians as “Bad Drivers”. They tend to never use common sense when driving, drive very slow, and I also find it somewhat annoying that they tend to only drive Toyotas or Hondas, or Lexus for the upper class Asians. Sorry if I offended anyone, that is just my stereo type.

Many asians drive BMW and Mercedez… depending on where you go.

But why is it so annoying to drive Toyotas and Hondas? Would you feel better about their driving skills if they drive a Ford?

:slight_smile:

Ford = Fix or repair daily.

im referring to Japanese drivers in Japan. They are quite good when you consider the narrow spaces they have to maneuver through. Most North Americans would never be able to drive on some of the roads in Japan. I’m not talking about the wide roads you see around the Imperial Palace or up in Sapporo. Head to places like Shizuoka and watch the drivers on the mountainside roads. You’ll see what I mean when I say they are very good drivers.

Thai, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Korean are all terrible drivers even in their native countries.

In fairness, I was looking at this from my own perspective as someone who rides (well used to anyway) for sport, not someone who uses their bike as a means of transportation. I could see this being useful for someone who rides their bike to work and doesn’t have access to a shower when they get there. Riding without a traditional helmet would feel very strange to me now though, as I haven’t riden without a helmet in at least 20 years.

Thank you, that’s what they are targetting anyway, their advert seems to be more fashion/ leisure oriented than sports/ performance.

I often hear people say that “Asians are bad drivers” from Americans (TV shows. movies)…

What i think happens is that, all foreigners are probably bad drivers, take Americans to China or Thailand or Japan with foreign language street signs and see how well they drive on the other side of the road.

I think FOBs (fresh off the boat) “… tend to never use common sense when driving, drive very slow…” but lumping all Asians into a “Bad Driver” category is a stretch. There are plenty of us Asian Americans that know how to drive just fine. And perhaps Asians buy Toyota, Honda, and Lexus automobiles because they’re smart.

• First car I ever owned - SAAB 900 turbo. Total piece of $&!%

• Second car - VW Jetta GLI. Thought the reliability was alright other than the electrical system.

• Third car - Honda Accord. Realized my VW was also a piece and that my SAAB was just worse. Ended up getting 250k miles on this accord and then sold it for $700.

My dad tried to convince me not to buy the SAAB but the bullheaded American side of me wouldn’t listen. He was a very wise Asian man.