Invitation to charter ceremony: Did any UK L3 candidates get this?

Dear Mr. xxx, We will be holding our New Charterholder Ceremony at 6:00pm on Thursday November 6th 2008 at Bloomberg, Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1HP. If you have met all the criteria to become a regular member you can be presented with your charter at the official ceremony. The New Charterholder Ceremony is to celebrate the culmination of hard work and tenacity that has gone into achieving your charter To confirm that you would like to have your charter presented at the New Charterholder Ceremony, please email us and include the following information. Full Name CFA Candidate Number If you are awarded the CFA charter and would like to have it presented at the Society Ceremony, please email CFA UK You must be a member of CFA UK and CFA Institute to be awarded your charter at this ceremony. Please provide your response by return email. If we do not hear from you, your charter will be sent to your preferred address. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility to receive the charter, please do not hesitate to contact Emma Bailey on +44 (0) 207 776 7514 or charterholder@cfauk.org. Complete details for the ceremony will be provided nearer the date. If you attend the event, you will be presented with your charter and have an opportunity to meet fellow charterholders at a cocktail reception. We would be delighted if you were able to join us. Thank you, The CFA Society of the UK Tel: +44 (0) 207 796 3000

I got it. I thought it was some weird spam, though, and deleted straight away - on account of the bizarre sender address.

hope its a good indicator for u 2

actually i didnt get it… a friend of mine who took L3 forwarded it…was just checking if other ppl got it… looks like a disaster to me… i didnt get it!

Well are you a member of local society? I am not, so i didnt get an email

i am a member of the uk society, and i didnt get it! my friend is not a member yet, and he got it…

I received it, but I wouldn’t fret if I were you. Maybe the CFA society didn’t have your details. The only way such email would be an indicator is if the insititute is releasing results to local societies which I highly doubt.

TO: pmehra (IP Logged) are you a regular member or not yet?

I got one from my local society last year and failed. If you are a member, you should get one (assuming your local society does this). If you aren’t a member, you shouldn’t. I wish I could say getting the email means something other than you are a member, but it doesn’t.

Well its puzzling… I am a regular member but still didnt get it!

^— I just got an email!!! With CNN alerts. If i click on them, will it mean i will pass?

I got it as well and I think that if they are just emailing everyone that took the CFA L3, it is very dishonest of them to do so. It creates a lot of unnecessary expectation.

I got it as well and I’m as certain as can be that I didn’t pass the Level III exam so I wouldn’t read anything to this. CFAI wouldn’t reveal to local Societies a list of those that passed Level III before the candidates officially found out their results - primarily because there is scope for the list to be leaked and cause a whole load of trouble.

guta1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got it as well and I think that if they are just > emailing everyone that took the CFA L3, it is very > dishonest of them to do so. It creates a lot of > unnecessary expectation. SO CRUEL, SO UNJUST!