iPhone Users

iSQL went from “paid” to “free” today. It’s not an amazing app, but it’s decent.

what’s the deal with the 4g? i think i read that you can just ‘upgrade’ if you already have a 3g/3gs for $200, right?

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what’s the deal with the 4g? i think i read that > you can just ‘upgrade’ if you already have a > 3g/3gs for $200, right? Yeah. With a new 2 year contract.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mar350 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > what’s the deal with the 4g? i think i read > that > > you can just ‘upgrade’ if you already have a > > 3g/3gs for $200, right? > > Yeah. With a new 2 year contract. do i have to trade in my current phone?

OH SNAP! You can upgrade to iP4 for 200? Might have to check dat ish…

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > OH SNAP! > > You can upgrade to iP4 for 200? > > Might have to check dat ish… yeah, if you have the 3gs you can do it at a radio shack to avoid the lines…

How much faster is it?

Analyze_This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How much faster is it? I would get it mostly for upgraded memory, front facing camera and the screen. I don’t think speed was ever an issue with the iPhone, at least not with mine.

Video calling is going to be a big deal. The camera thing is cool too, 1) if the quality becomes good enough for people to start using it as their main camera, that is potentially a big deal, 2) the front facing camera is a small-big deal for everyone who is snappin’ pics of themselves and emailin’ it to their peeps, which is everyone. It is gonna sell.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Analyze_This Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > How much faster is it? > > > I would get it mostly for upgraded memory, front > facing camera and the screen. > > I don’t think speed was ever an issue with the > iPhone, at least not with mine. My 3G lost in an internet race at a bar to a droid and we both had full coverage. I lost so I got iced.

Analyze_This Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Analyze_This Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > How much faster is it? > > > > > > I would get it mostly for upgraded memory, > front > > facing camera and the screen. > > > > I don’t think speed was ever an issue with the > > iPhone, at least not with mine. > > My 3G lost in an internet race at a bar to a droid > and we both had full coverage. I lost so I got > iced. It’s only brofair

If your firm pays for a blackberry but you want a iphone4, do you think it is worth it to have both phones? Normally, I would just go with the Blackberry and use that for both professional and personal calls. I definitely see a benefit to having separate phone numbers for personal and professional. Thus, I could use the blackberry for prof and the iphone4 for personal. But, then this means I have to carry both phones around with me. Since my work is biz casual, I’d have to carry one phone in my pocket and the other on my belt…seems too much annoyance.

Yeah, it blows…I have iPhone and they gave me one of those BB things for work. Now I have to carry both, I’d rather be 100% iPhone for everything…so much more better. It is 2010 man, clunky bb business-crappy style is so yesterday.

Am I the only person here that prefers Blackberry to iPhone for the simple reason of having a tactile/raised keypad?

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Am I the only person here that prefers Blackberry > to iPhone for the simple reason of having a > tactile/raised keypad? anyone over 35 from Waterloo, ON, CA also likes it better for this reason. oh and because 1/5 people from this area get it for free…

> numi Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Am I the only person here that prefers > Blackberry > > to iPhone for the simple reason of having a > > tactile/raised keypad? > I prefer having a real keyboard too. Pressing buttons has some weird kick to it.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Am I the only person here that prefers Blackberry > to iPhone for the simple reason of having a > tactile/raised keypad? Numi have you tried swype? It’s really pretty amazing.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Am I the only person here that prefers Blackberry > to iPhone for the simple reason of having a > tactile/raised keypad? Nope. Prefer the BB over the iPhone. Just got the new Bold. Very good device.

I prefer a real keyboard, but also like having the screen space available when I don’t need a keyboard. So I’m an iPhoner (and like other Apple stuff too). If I didn’t do the iPhone, I’d probably like one of those HPC phones with the slide-out keyboards. I have an aversion to Blackberrys… they make me feel like I’m caught in the Matrix.

I’ve got “the Bold” and I can’t even figure out how to make a call…everything is so convoluted. Menus that never end, didn’t anyone actually USE this thing before they released it?