IPS ? while you all await your scores

Hello, As I am sure you all savor the IPS section of the Level III stuff, I thought you might want to revisit it before R-Day, that’d be results day. Does anyone actually have a working copy of an IPS for a mutual fund? You can strip out the name bits, but I’d be interested to see what is used in that slice of the market. Many thanks and all the best to you come next Tuesday.

Man, I still remember the one case from the book which makes me laugh, “The client obvioulsy would not meet his expectations in this scenario, so one suggestion would be for the couple to come out of retirement and go back to work”

Better than: “Medical expenses are obviously creating an unrealistic returns requirement, so one suggestion would be for the guy to just get well.”

Which is better than: “Perhaps, in a rising oil price environment, they should consider selling their car. Also, the maintenance cost of children and potential college fees pose a threat to the couple’s required return. Taking public transport to the local orphanage to anonymously drop their children off should enable the couple to retire in luxury.”

^^ahhaha… “…using public transportation will enable client to save money, therefore decrease the risk of retirement funding shortfall, the propert target rate of return should be adjusted to 5%…”

“successful suicide will result in large surplus which can be immunized against future interest rate changes”

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “successful suicide will result in large surplus > which can be immunized against future interest > rate changes” Yes, but that impacts future earnings potential, or what I like to call “human capital”.

Does dying when you’re in debt mean you made a profit?

hezagenius Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bchadwick Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > “successful suicide will result in large > surplus > > which can be immunized against future interest > > rate changes” > > > Yes, but that impacts future earnings potential, > or what I like to call “human capital”. Oh, I thought they were retired.