Irish flood NYC for work

Waiting patiently for KarenC to get caught up in the wave… http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/10/nyregion/10irish.html?ref=nyregion New Wave of Job Seekers From Ireland He came to the United States in 1996 to paint houses and work in construction. Like many of his fellow Irishmen, he returned home soon after to ride the Celtic Tiger, the economic boom that turned his once-struggling country into one of Europe’s great success stories and allowed him to start a construction company. But now Niall, 34, is nursing a midday beer in an Irish pub in the Bronx, out of work and hoping to find any job at all. “I’ll do anything,” he says. The Irish, it appears, are coming to America again. Niall, who asked that his last name not be published because he intended to work illegally, is part of a fresh surge of immigrants who in recent months have fled Ireland as it suffered a sudden economic reversal. They have traveled here in search of employment, like generations of Irish before them and, in some cases, like their own younger selves.

Sort of reminds me of the movie The Departed…

Well I still have a job so unless I get a transfer I wont be moving over :wink:

Well I still have a job so unless I get a transfer I wont be moving over :wink:

So do you still have a job and would you be willing to move if you got a transfer?

So do you still have a job and would you be willing to move if you got a transfer?

Chad17, are you on facebook?

Chad17, are you on facebook?

Hahahaha you guys are HILARIOUS :slight_smile: I cant edit the thing or get rid of it - I blame technology!

I’m going to open a potato stand.

for the love of…yeah sure… open a potato stand and your accountant can be a leprechaun!!!

KarenC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > for the love of…yeah sure… open a potato > stand and your accountant can be a leprechaun!!! Does that mean I can pay him in Lucky Charms?

yeah stack up on shamrocks

And buy shares in Cisc O’Systems, Hewlett FitzPackard and Mick-rosoft. Thank you Matt Groening.

i had mashed potatoes for dinner

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i had mashed potatoes for dinner with bacon and cabbage?

corned beef and cabbage if i’m gonna manage

Don’t forget the turnips.

MattLikesAnalysis Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i had mashed potatoes for dinner Nicely done.